Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When do you begin planning your decorating?

Thank you, Mike and Calypso.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I love decorating I learned from my mother who used to do it but since has become to ill.I do it now and it's one of my favorite things.I have been planning for this year since last year lol.I wanna do blue lights outside as I did multi-color last year.So probably after I get the Halloween stuff down I will start buying my new holiday lights etc.Can't Wait

I usually start planning in October, right as my girlfriend starts to get excited for Halloween, I realize that Christmas is only 2 1/2 months away and that it's going to get here faster than I think. Need to have everything planned out so I'm not running around like a crazy man the last few days before Christmas.

I have already planned out my decorating. I am pretty traditional and tend to decorate in a similar fashion each year. I will make a few changes this year! Decorating usually starts the day after Thanksgiving. This year, I believe that's Nov 23rd. May put up one small tree prior to that
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I have already planned out my decorating. I am pretty traditional and tend to decorate in a similar fashion each year. I will make a few changes this year! Decorating usually starts the day after Thanksgiving. This year, I believe that's Nov 23rd. May put up one small tree prior to that
    I planned everything also,so excited
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Kinda flyin' by the seat of my pants as far as yard stuff goes. I have purchased several things, but won't know where they will go until I start doing it.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I never stop
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

First November has always been the start of Christmas decoration, for me and my family.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

1st of Dec used to be our dedicated day to decorate however each year it has been getting earlier

ideasforchristmasgift Guest
    We usually start to decorate around the first of December. Any earlier is just too early. We need to appreciate Thanksgiving for what it is which is not the beginning of Christmas. Thanksgiving gets shafted being tied to Christmas that way. So we start at the beginning of December but probably will still leave something undone. We try to get all of us together around the first weekend in December to put up the tree.