Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Christmas Ornaments

Vintage Christmas Ornaments

So, I've decided to do my tree in all vintage ornaments this year - and started buying some online this week (figured it'd be less expensive to buy in July than later in the year when everyone else has the same idea).

Here are the ones I've bought this week - will post pics again once they arrive in the mail:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Very nice! I recognize a few from my childhood and a few that my Mom-in-law gave me from the 50's!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    So, I've decided to do my tree in all vintage ornaments this year - and started buying some online this week (figured it'd be less expensive to buy in July than later in the year when everyone else has the same idea).

Here are the ones I've bought this week - will post pics again once they arrive in the mail:
    Those are amazing! Your tree will be so colorful and nostalgic. I bet you'll doo wop around the Christmas tree!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Awesome!...and very collectable as well!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

They're beautiful. I have a few vintage baubles, the ones we hung when I was a kid.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    They're beautiful. I have a few vintage baubles, the ones we hung when I was a kid.
    we also have some when my mum was litlle,also have some figurines from Nativity set which my grandpa bought while he was on the boat
    beautiful ornaments Chantelle
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

I really love the vintage style - we spent Christmases at my Grandmother's house growing up, so the tree was decorated with ornaments from the 50's and 60's (even though it was the mid-80's) so these have a special place in my heart!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

:light:

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post

my mother had this type when i was a child
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

those are my favorite...see them on yard sales now n then. Brings back lots of memories

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Luckily they are easier to find now. I have seen a lot of "reproductions" in stores in recent years. I think a lot of people are gravitating toward the "classic" or "traditional" Christmas look and feel. It's a sign of how people are always nostalgic around the holidays!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!