Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do you like sending greetings cards?

:gift:

I don't like to send greeting cards. I always prefer gifts because gifts are usable one can use it but cards are of no use one will just read it and then keep it aside. But in gift whenever anyone will watch gift then they will remember the person who has gifted that. So, i always give gifts not cards.
    Spiritual Crystal
    Last edited by sorellehome; 02-07-2013 at 09:21 AM.

I LOVE to send cards, because I LOVE to receive them. It is a tremendous way to stay in touch with far-flung friends and relatives that you rarely see. I always send an annual newsletter and photos with it! I send out about 100 cards. The cards go to many, varied places - California, Virginia, Colorado, Washington State, Florida, Arizona, here in New York and across the North East. Not to mention cards sent to my "All Things Christmas" friends in Europe and Canada!

I've started to think about how to handle my cards this year - photo card, hand-crafted card, or purchased card or some combination????
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I LOVE to send cards, because I LOVE to receive them.
    that's the reason,couldn't explaint it better myself
    Beside that I just love the feeling when I go to the mailbox and I see greetings card,it's a special feeling,not comparable with e-mail or sms greetings.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Quote Originally Posted by *Snowflake* View Post
    that's the reason,couldn't explaint it better myself
    Beside that I just love the feeling when I go to the mailbox and I see greetings card,it's a special feeling,not comparable with e-mail or sms greetings.
    I know - ever since I was a little kid (a long time now since I am 55) I would run to the mail box to get the cards!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Back when email, facebook, and google+ are not the trends yet, I love sending greeting cards. However, these are my reasons before:

*Why do you like to send greetings cards? What occasions do you send them for?
    They are so cute that I always send them on Christmas, Valentines, and Birthdays.

*What do you dislike the most?
    The price of the greeting card.

*Do you ever make your own cards? How do you make them?
    Yes. Leaves, grass, and small tree branches.

*What do you like best about the cards you can buy?
    The message and the art.

I like to send cards because it's a nice surprise in among the bills and advertisements. It lets people know that you were thinking of them and that they were important enough for you to make the effort (as opposed to shooting off a text).
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I love sending and receiving cards, but I seldom get my Christmas cards addressed to all the people on my list. I am a passionate art lover, so the design on the card is very important to me. I even love blank cards if there is a beautiful picture(painting or photo) on the front. I wanted to send homemade rubber-stamped cards last year, but ran out of time. I usually send ready-made cards.

I live away from my hometown so i send cards to my friends to show i still love them