Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas films on TV

Thumbs down Christmas films on TV

I was always wondering, why, here, in my country, TV Channels do not have a really Christmassy program, during Holidays.. And that has nothing to do with the financial crisis, these 2 years..
    As long as I remember myself, TV Channels always put Christmas movies on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and same thing is happening the day of the New Year..

Why cant any serious person just think that Christmas is not only the day itself, but, also, a time, period, that usually lasts one month and people of all ages would really love to watch, with their families, Christmas films on TV, instead of getting always DVDs from Video Club..

Such a pitty..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Well, on the satellite, we have the Hallmark Channel, and it showed Christmas movies from the first of November until Christmas Day...that was nice. But sometimes I wonder why other channels like decorating channels wait until December to give decorating ideas? We need to know this a little earlier, so we can work on it and have it ready before Christmas, because I would imagine, that most folks aren't going to start new decorations in the middle of December!

With our cable TV it seemed that Christmas was on almost constantly in November and December!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Well, wish I could afford a Cable TV. That would be just perfect.
    But, lots of people here, do not have couble TV, so, they (and me as well), can watch only Greek TV channels.. You can imagine what this means..

I don't have cable TV either .... and the 'free to air' channels only showed a few Christmas movies the week before Christmas.....

our local tv stations always showed christmas movies ever since i was a small child , may be you guys should write in to the station Olga !
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Almost everyone here has cable tv, but I would need to have it. Even though I am close to NYC, I live directly across the street from a small mountain that blocks all reception

My friends, here, before the financial crisis, lots of families had Cable TV..
    Now, unfortunately, most houses can not afford that.

Just curious.. How much does a family pay for Couble TV, Suzanne, in US?

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    We have DirecTV satellite service. We have our TV, phone and internet combined into one monthly bill. I think it's around $100.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    My friends, here, before the financial crisis, lots of families had Cable TV..
    Now, unfortunately, most houses can not afford that.

Just curious.. How much does a family pay for Couble TV, Suzanne, in US?
    We have Optimum Cable and like Mike, the phone, internet, and cable are on one bill. We have 4 cable boxes and have the HBO package. I think our bill is about $135.00 per month