Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Favorite Xmas Song?

Whats Your Favorite Xmas Song?

i was at a work Christmas party last night and ended up having an hour long discussion about our favorite Christmas Songs! Everyone had a different opinion. it was very interesting as everyone had a favorite AND had a reason why!

I think mine is 'A Fairy Tale of New York' by the Pogues. I kind of like the fact that its not a completely glamorized portrayal of Christmas.

The christmas song
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Way too hard to name jut one!But one that touches my heart & makes me cry everytime I hear it is Grown Up Christmas List by Amy Grant

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens

"I'll be Home for Christmas" - Bing Crosby
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Oh I really could just go on & on here but to list some of my faves..............

Grown Up Christmas List -Amy Grant
    Mistletoe & Holly-Frank Sinatra
    Pretty much any Christmas song by the Carpenters(can't go wrong with anything sung by Karen Carpenter)
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen-Nat King Cole
    Sending You A Little Christmas-Jim Brickman
    Dominick The Donkey-Lou Monty
    Blue Christmas Wynona Judd
    Don't Save It All For Christmas Day-Clay Aiken
    Mary Did You Know-Kenny Rogers & Wynona Judd
    Believe-Josh Groban
    Silver & Gold-Burl Ives
    Last Christmas-WHAM!
    River-Sarah McLachlan
    The Christmas Song-Nat King Cole
    Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas-Judy Garland
    etc.........sorry I got carried away lol

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens

Wow, it's hard to name just one.. I love so many. I guess I would have to say Rob Thomas' "A New York Christmas" & any Christmas songs by Michael Buble.

White Christmas-Bing Crosby,silverbells,i'll be home for christmas,oh i love so many.th_roses4.jpg

Dean Martin "Marshmallow World"