Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, so much talent here. I知 just blown away

Wow, so much talent here. I知 just blown away

I壇 like to share my Christmas tree, but I知 a little embarrassed and a little humbled by all the professional talent here.

I致e been looking at everybody痴 Christmas decorations and I can see there are a lot of very artistic and real gifted people here.

Just wanted to say everything looks so good.

dont feel badly we have never seen a christmas tree we dont like.
    mine isent so fantastic any way .
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

It just occurred to me that I should clarify my statement. My Christmas display is huge with stuff collected over 30 years, but mine doesn稚 have that designer quality that I see here.

I just have a thing for red and green lights. I guess it痴 just something from my childhood because I never could get over Christmas lights being anything other than red & green. My daughter went with all white lights and it looks beautiful, but to me it痴 missing something.

We used to always have real trees and my wife is always saying she misses the smell of a fresh tree, but I don稚 have the strength anymore to pick it up. Plus it痴 such a job to set up our display that I want it up for a while so I can enjoy it and not have to worry about it drying out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    [SIZE="3"]It just occurred to me that I should clarify my statement. My Christmas display is huge with stuff collected over 30 years, but mine doesn’t have that designer quality that I see here.
    Designer quality? Who cares? We love Christmas and that's what makes us gather here. Everyone gets to express their love of Christmas in their own way!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I just have a thing for red and green lights. I guess it’s just something from my childhood because I never could get over Christmas lights being anything other than red & green. My daughter went with all white lights and it looks beautiful, but to me it’s missing something.

We used to always have real trees and my wife is always saying she misses the smell of a fresh tree, but I don’t have the strength anymore to pick it up. Plus it’s such a job to set up our display that I want it up for a while so I can enjoy it and not have to worry about it drying out.
    I love real trees, but there comes a time in everyone's life when it's just too much work. I finally got a tall artificial tree about five years ago and gave it away in 2010 because it was too much work.

Post your pictures and don't be embarrassed!

I have to run off to work and don’t have time to find my photos, but here is a Christmas video. its 10 min long and takes a while to load, so you really need to let it load before playing, because it stops and goes too much.

Decided to delete the video because its too long, I'm in the process of redoing it sorry
    Last edited by Sleeper; 12-22-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Very nice Sleeper

It is all about the Christmas spirit here
    I love any and all Christmas trees and decorations ( ok maybe those upside down trees, not so much )

From the couple videos of yours that I've seen, Sleeper, I'd say your decorations are among my favorites on this forum.

Thanks for the kind words. I really do try and I spend a lot of time on it. I used to do have the whole house full of decorations including the outside, but as it became more difficult for me to walk around the roof and climb the trees I started focusing more on the Christmas tree display although we still have some lights outside. It was always about the kids and now most of the neighborhood kids are grown up and have moved on, its not so much fun anymore for the outside lights.

I love your yard! I'm a great-grandmother now and last night my DH and I drove around several neighborhoods looking at lights.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I want that elf with the mailbox!!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!