Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your name

I probably should have been a bit more creative when I chose mine eh? My name is Emma, but when I started joining groups etc years ago, the name Emma was always taken (back when you could only have one of each name) and since my middle name is Kay, I would make up a combination of the two that wasn't already in use. Now it's just a habit. I make myself use my real name because I know when people use fake names, they can get too comfortable with their anonymity and start saying things they usually wouldn't say - I don't want to turn into one of those people, so this way, I will always know that if a friend of mine joined up (and I usually send links to groups I think are great to my friends), then they will know it's me and I have accountability for what I say. I wouldn't ever get abusive I should add, but you know how people can start to be, I'm sure you've all met at least one of them out there.

My name is from my car. I drive a PT CRUISER and I Love Roses.
    My car's name is PT ROSE.
    It has etched roses on the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaKay View Post
    I probably should have been a bit more creative when I chose mine eh? My name is Emma, but when I started joining groups etc years ago, the name Emma was always taken (back when you could only have one of each name) and since my middle name is Kay, I would make up a combination of the two that wasn't already in use. Now it's just a habit. I make myself use my real name because I know when people use fake names, they can get too comfortable with their anonymity and start saying things they usually wouldn't say - I don't want to turn into one of those people, so this way, I will always know that if a friend of mine joined up (and I usually send links to groups I think are great to my friends), then they will know it's me and I have accountability for what I say. I wouldn't ever get abusive I should add, but you know how people can start to be, I'm sure you've all met at least one of them out there.
    Hi Emma! Thanks for letting us know who you are and welcome again to the forums! I know exactly what you mean about how some people can get on forums like these...I have had negative experiences with people on a few forum sites and it's no fun. I included my real name in my signature so everyone will know who I am, especially since I am the forum moderator. So far everyone here has been great and I hope our forums continue to be fun and full of Christmas cheer!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PT ROSE View Post
    My name is from my car. I drive a PT CRUISER and I Love Roses.
    My car's name is PT ROSE.
    It has etched roses on the windows.
    I would love to see photos of your Cruiser with the rose windows! :D I owned a PT Cruiser for a short time and really enjoyed it.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Erm, it's my name. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    Erm, it's my name. hehe.
    Good choice then!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I'm a daddy's girl and my familys race car # is 07

Putting random adjectives or verbs in front of random nouns makes for great names, especially when the two words have nothing to do with each other. How I came up with lucky and chimpanzee I don't know, but they flow well together

:holly:

I chose mistletoe as my username because I think it's a wildly romantic part of Christmas.

I love the Lemax Spooky Town collection!