Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Thread: Explain your name

:santa:

My name is kind of obvious. I love christmas and just added an exclamation mark to make it EXCITING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post
    My name is pretty self-explanatory (old) Fezziwig, the former boss of Ebeneser Scrooge when he was a young man. Outside of the fact that I am much younger than him and probably spend more time at the gym-- I've always felt a kinship to that Character from "A Christmas Carol" We both love Christmas .. make it a point to get people into the spirit .. and hate seeing people have to work on the day,

I remember a couple years back I had to work on a Christmas Eve in a supermarket. The store was busy earlier in the day but in late afternoon it was empty. They said they were gonna send us home early but that never panned out. Eventually I just looked at the couple guys I was working with and said, " To heck with all this, lets go hide in the refrigerator and open up some eggnog." (A big walk in Refrigerator for the stores Milk, Eggs, Cheese, ETC -- the only place without cameras) We hung out in there, drank some eggnogg and talked about what 'Santa' was bringing out Children, Wives, Husbands, etc. Really it turned out to be a good time .. and I was out with more than enough time to have Xmas Eve dinner with the family.
    Fezziwig is one of my favorite characters! It's great that you're similar- there's not enough of that in this world!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

For my name, when my wife and I met, it was online. We first met in chat rooms and exchanges e-mails, but then got into a little game. Since her screen name and the time was QnConnie (Queen) I decided to start and ongoing saga with her as my Queen. I never really saw myself as a Knight, so I needed something else. Since one of my favorite X-Men characters was named Bishop and certainly that would have been a familiar title in the middle ages, I took that and so the tale of the Queen and Her Bishop began.
    I have always enjoyed that name and added my birth year at the end ergo... Bishop1954
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

My name is from the song Maggie may by Rod Stewart

That was one of my favorites from him... Was it due to the song in it's entirety? or a particular portion of the words?
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

The whole song really, I also named one of my cats after the song (she has sincerely passed) . I just liked it

Love that song - Maggie May! Brings back many high school memories!

My name is, very simply, that I adore Christmas ornaments!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Nothing wrong with that. Back in the day, when almost every young lady's name was in a song somewhere, it was easy to find a song to go along with your date...