Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Christmas gifts

GiftinGranny Guest

Ideas for Christmas gifts

What board games are kids playing nowadays? Any ideas? Leave me some good ones.

hey! well...my children love to play games. their favorites are uno, outburst, apples to apples, and the newest one they like is gifttrap. you might want to look at one of those. my kids like them a lot!

My family is full of word-game players. We've always had crossword puzzle books around. We play Boggle. We play Scrabble. As children, we had Scrabble Jr. I've recently be reintroduced to this game through a neighbor's children. And I think its ideal for Christmas as well.

The gameis designed for two to four players. The game board is two-sided. One side is ideal for prereaders - for children who are just learning their letters or word formation. On this side of the board, the words are already spelled out. The child matches letter tiles to the letters already on the board to make the word shown. The words are common words such as sun, ball and eggs. There is also a wildlife version of Scrabble Jr. with a more environment based theme.

Cranium is the big ticket board game this year. It is really fun and has just won the toy of the year award. Bought one for my daughter.

I got a chess game for christmas 20 years ago, and I have been playing ever since

Scene It? is a lot of fun, as well as the classics: Mon opoly and Life, but with a twist like Mon opoly: Disney Edition or Pirates of the Caribbean Game of Life.

PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

My kids still prefer good old Monopoly, the original version. And it's one I prefer too, I find so many of the modern games are extremely boring for adults.

How old are the kids that you are getting the games for? If they're slightly older I'd really suggest scatergories...most entertaining game I've ever played. For little kids the classic Operation game is still a good choice.
    ***Happy Holidays!***

Dear GiftinGranny,

I thin now most of kids palying PC games :d You should visit some sites with PC/ Video games and choose something

For example look at this site

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

I guess it depends on the age, really. I always loved Monopoly and Scrabble. My niece is constantly playing Connect 4 - that's another classic.