Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Christmas Tree And Decorating Attempts for 2011

My Christmas Tree And Decorating Attempts for 2011

My living room is not exactly huge so I have limited space to work with. We have a cat so no tinsel and there is no theme that is why everything is kind of all over the place.

The tree is sitting on a box with a holiday fleece covering the box up. A wreath is underneath and the Christmas plate is from the dollar store but I sit it out each year.

This is the right side

And this is the left side

And this next picture is of something I did on my blog. Just a crafty thing I tried, I like it

Anyhow it may not be the biggest tree and may not make sense but I like it
    Check Out My, Reusing Christmas Card Series

http://christmas-gift-and-decorating-tips.blogspot.com

well thats all that matters gal
    as long as it makes u happy .
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

or & ps the crafty thing is nice i notice its your default pic too
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Thanks I like the crafty hanging decoration too. Someday I might invest in different ornaments for a more themed tree but for a now I am ok with using some stuff from the 80s and the few things I bought lol

i dident have decent decorations until i could afford it 2 dosent make sence to spend alot of $ on decorations because their only for a month esp when u have gifts 2 buy & other stuff 2.
    i love doing crafty things 2 .

creep b4 you walk girl
    - St. Luke ii.

I've been out on my own for 5 years but just never find the time to try and buy stuff to make things look nicer. And you are right with gifts and entertaining family and friends its hard to set aside much money to buy decorations. I like being creative so I hope to have more crafty ideas.

Your little tree is sweet! I have several trees but they're all small. Your tablecloth reminded me of this one in 2006:

there are a lot of videos on utube about making your own i made out of foil once I even used a seed from a fruit & sprayed it gold & used gold sparks dust
    You can do many different crafts for your trees i will post a link 4 you soon . try making the tree the focal point of the room .
    - St. Luke ii.

there are a lot of other videos here also there is a link or thread on this forum on how to make your tree fuller ok ?
    i would try to raise the tree a lil higher use white scarf or cotton or wadding 4 the base . let us know how it turned out ok? have fun . try straighting out the branches further .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3mBBervg7A
    - St. Luke ii.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by NSCountryGal View Post
    I've been out on my own for 5 years but just never find the time to try and buy stuff to make things look nicer. And you are right with gifts and entertaining family and friends its hard to set aside much money to buy decorations. I like being creative so I hope to have more crafty ideas.
    Boxing day sales are a great way to pick up cheap decorations!