Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Great Christmas Tree Debate

:tree: The Great Christmas Tree Debate

I am taking it upon myself to start a thread of my own to start the Great Christmas Tree Debate.

Y'all ready? Here it is:

Live vs. Artificial

Let the games begin!

Love real but started buying artificial when the real ones got to expensive. Now the real ones have come down in price so I buy a real tree sometimes. My youngest daughter hates the smell of real ones.

When you reach a certain age, tabletop artificial is the way to go.

Real trees are wonderful though.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
    Love real but started buying artificial when the real ones got to expensive. Now the real ones have come down in price so I buy a real tree sometimes. My youngest daughter hates the smell of real ones.
    My oldest daughter hates the smell of real trees, too. I just don't get it. What's not to love? but, we all have our own tastes.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I am not committed either way. We always use artificial, but I have no problem with real trees either. I suppose it's a "convenience" thing for me more than anything. Now that I found my Scentsicles, I LOVE my fake tree!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

my family always had a live tree growing up, but I have an artificial one. it is more of a convenience and cost cutting measure for me.

Every year I buy a new 'real' Christmas tree. After Christmas I plant this tree in the garden.
    A real one gives a nice scent troughout the house.

Only use artificial now. Always used to swear by real until the year my husband had surgery and I knew I wouldn't be able to put a real tree up myself. So, we bought an artificial tree and haven't looked back!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I will always be a real tree person. My family has always had a real one out in the front room. A couple of years ago we bought a small fake tree that was going to be used for our outdoor display but due to several young people on out street who have an affinity for stealing things, we stopped putting it up. I have had it up in my room the last two years and I decorate it with the older traditional decorations that no longer have a place on our main tree. It brings the Christmas spirit into my room.

"It isn't the holly, it isn't the snow. It isn't the tree, not the firelight's glow. It's the warmth that comes to the hearts of men then the Christmas spirit returns again." - Unknown

Another vote in for "Both"!!!

I always had a fake tree growing up (as my mom is allergic to pine, and didn't know about the other varieties). As of 2005 i started having a real tree. My living room tree is the real one, and i use an older 5-foot fake tree I bought at a flea market for $10 in my room.

New this year is a tiny (2.5' ish) tabletop fibre optic tree at my boyfriends house, which will get incorporated into my collection when we live together
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!