Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santa Clause is Comin' To Town

:santa: Santa Clause is Comin' To Town

Hey everyone!

So, my favourite Rankin Bass Christmas special is Santa Clause is Comin' to Town. My favourite part of the movie is at the very end when the Postman (played by Fred Astaire) says "Poor misguided folks; they miss the whole point! Lots of unhappiness, maybe so. But doesn't Santa take a little bit of that unhappiness away? Doesn't a smile on Christmas morning scratch out a tear, cried on a sadder day? Not much maybe. But what would happen if we all tried to be like Santa, and learned to give, as only he can give? Of ourselves, our talents our love, and our hearts. Maybe if we could all learn Santa's beautiful lesson, maybe there would finally be peace on earth, and goodwill towards man". This quote makes me cry every time. People have made Santa seem like a commercial devil, but it isn't him...it's us! I truly believe that if everyone heard this quote, and stayed true to it, there would be peace on earth. Only 33 days left until Christmas!!

:tree:

And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Funny...although I enjoyed that one as a kid, my boys don't seem to like it. It's the only one I put in where they complain and ask for the Grinch, or The Year Without A Santa Claus. They like the heat miser and snow miser...not so much the burgermiester miesterburger.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

An absolute classic. I probably watch the movie a half-dozen times each season.
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Funny...although I enjoyed that one as a kid, my boys don't seem to like it. It's the only one I put in where they complain and ask for the Grinch, or The Year Without A Santa Claus. They like the heat miser and snow miser...not so much the burgermiester miesterburger.
    your boys R typical boys mike
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

It's just not Christmas without this movie!

So funny.

Merry Xmas in advance!

:santa:

This is my first post on these forums, I think, but I just had to comment. For *years* I couldn't remember where the quote came from, only that it was one of the Rankin-Bass specials. In sheer desperation I finally bought the whole collection a few years ago. I love it as much now as when I first saw it. And I also cry whenever I see it. There's so much truth in it, it shines!

Thanks for mentioning it!

Quote Originally Posted by Santa57 View Post
    This is my first post on these forums, I think, but I just had to comment. For *years* I couldn't remember where the quote came from, only that it was one of the Rankin-Bass specials. In sheer desperation I finally bought the whole collection a few years ago. I love it as much now as when I first saw it. And I also cry whenever I see it. There's so much truth in it, it shines!

Thanks for mentioning it!

Thanks for joining to share your memory! I hope to see you around more over the Holidays!

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

:snow:

Thanks! I've always been a nut about Christmass, it's my favorite time of year. And your "Garfield" tag line is another of my favorites. And yet another DVD I finally bought after they stopped airing it (at least in the US).