Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where do you shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post
    I guess the merchandizing of the holiday has ingrained Macy's into my head because I will make two of three tips their every season when shopping for my girlfriend, mom, or sister. Other than that, I'll head to Best Buy (for electronics) or Kohls (for clothing and apparel) I am smack in the middle of about 6 malls so, when I am feeling brave enough to deal with the traffic, I will head to one of them.
    Yeah Fezziwig, we sure have more than our share of hugh malls here!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Lol. I normally shuffle between the Garden State Plaza, Rockaway Mall, Willowbrook, and Palisades -- and as Bing says, the Traffic is terrific. I have been going to these malls since I was a kid. Nothing says the Holidays like going in circles around the same parking lot a dozen times looking for a spot or driving at 1mph in the car while stalking behind a shopper with bags and waiting for them to get to their car so you can take the spot.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I am actually considering getting a few gifts off Groupon to be honest. I wanted to last year, but completely slipped my mind. I really only shop for my mom, sister, brother and now his wife. They have some really great stuff on there at good deals. LivingsSocial is in the same realm but I dont use them as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post
    Lol. I normally shuffle between the Garden State Plaza, Rockaway Mall, Willowbrook, and Palisades -- and as Bing says, the Traffic is terrific. I have been going to these malls since I was a kid. Nothing says the Holidays like going in circles around the same parking lot a dozen times looking for a spot or driving at 1mph in the car while stalking behind a shopper with bags and waiting for them to get to their car so you can take the spot.
    Oh yes - many times, especially at the Palisades Mall and the Garden State Mall! And we're not talking about little parking lots here, as they are some of the biggest malls in the USA

I honestly do most of my shopping online at Amazon and Gamestop. It is easy and they have free shipping, you can't go wrong.

i'm surprised I didn't do most or all my shopping online this year like I thought. I shopped local stores, Kohls, Barnes n Noble, etc. and I did surprisingly well.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

Did a lot of shopping at Walmart,Target, and Hallmark

Francis Boyle Guest
    I usually buy small personalized gifts from ornamentsandmore.com. For other gifts I try to scout the market, as I like to gift unique stuff to my family...makes their smile long.