Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you shop?

Online, if at all possible- I am not a fan of shopping.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I used to love shoppin, but now that I have trouble walking, I avoid the busy times. I am half done now!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

frostythesnowman Guest
    i always shop lo-cal...it helps the shops in my community!

This year I've been using mail-order catalogs, online shopping, and local shopping. I love any kind of shopping! When my knee hurts, I grab a cart for support.
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 11-04-2012 at 06:03 AM.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Local (need to support local merchants)

....... and online (well with our strong Aussie dollar it's too good a deal to resist even with international shipping costs)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    Amazon.com
    I'm too

I guess the merchandizing of the holiday has ingrained Macy's into my head because I will make two of three tips their every season when shopping for my girlfriend, mom, or sister. Other than that, I'll head to Best Buy (for electronics) or Kohls (for clothing and apparel) I am smack in the middle of about 6 malls so, when I am feeling brave enough to deal with the traffic, I will head to one of them.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I don't do much shopping, but I buy most things online, often at amazon. If I go to a b&m store, it's likely going to be Walmart since it's closer than other stores.

I generally do alot of shopping through Ebay and Walmart but, this year I'm going to try and do something a little different. I'm also a member at the Halloween Forum and this last Halloween season they did something called "Secret Reaper" which is very similar to the Secret Santa. Many people purchased items from second hand stores and re-purposed them. Those gifts seemed to be the most loved. I think I'm going to try and do that for each person on my christmas list. I love crafts of any kind so it might work. We shall see

Nearly all shopping is done online, love the convenience.