Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gift Wrapping

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Christmas View Post
    Same here .....

Pressies under the tree a couple of years ago...not a very good pic though..sorry. You have to click on pic and then click on it again I think
    beautiful gifts and tree!!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

My very first job was in gift wrap. I used to buy Hallmark package trims and make the most beautiful gifts for Christmas and birthdays. As the years went by, I noticed that people tend to be more interested in the gift than the wrapping. Eventually I recognized that not only are we not wealthy, but we weren't even headed that way.I learned to cut back on package trims and now I'm trying to eliminated paper if the gift is for a family member. I make cloth bags or use pillowcases and have the grandchild return those to me. But I'm not a Scrooge --- I love buying and giving gifts.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    My very first job was in gift wrap. I used to buy Hallmark package trims and make the most beautiful gifts for Christmas and birthdays. As the years went by, I noticed that people tend to be more interested in the gift than the wrapping. Eventually I recognized that not only are we not wealthy, but we weren't even headed that way.I learned to cut back on package trims and now I'm trying to eliminated paper if the gift is for a family member. I make cloth bags or use pillowcases and have the grandchild return those to me. But I'm not a Scrooge --- I love buying and giving gifts.
    Wow I could never afford to buy Hallmark package trims and the like. As I said ..... I buy wrapping paper in the after Christmas sales, save all the ribbon year to year from family pressies and for package embellishments I either use cheap tree ornaments that I am tired of or bits from the dollar store.

I think making cloth bags is a lovely idea ... if I had a sewing machine I would do. I've seen some Christmassy ones in the shops and they're not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    beautiful gifts and tree!!!
    Thank you ...

That was my last tree (2009) as I did not decorate last year

[I][SIZE="2"]Wow I could never afford to buy Hallmark package trims and the like. As I said ..... I buy wrapping paper in the after Christmas sales, save all the ribbon year to year from family pressies and for package embellishments I either use cheap tree ornaments that I am tired of or bits from the dollar store.

You did a beyond beautiful job!
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 11-13-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Yes MW - my wrappings and trims were ALWAYS from Hallmark. I was always so proud of how beautiful my gifts looked! Just can't do that now - even Hallmark doesn't have the selection it used to have!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Yes MW - my wrappings and trims were ALWAYS from Hallmark. I was always so proud of how beautiful my gifts looked! Just can't do that now - even Hallmark doesn't have the selection it used to have!
    They closed all the Hallmark stores in our area. We can get a few things at Walmart and Walgreens but not much.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    I wrap the pressies with all the love and attention they all deserve, whether it be a

expensive gift or a pair of socks....
    Me too

Same here .....

Pressies under the tree a couple of years ago...not a very good pic though..sorry. You have to click on pic and then click on it again I think
    That's beautiful Calypso Christmas

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

They closed all the Hallmark stores in our area. We can get a few things at Walmart and Walgreens but not much.
    Really - all the Hallmark stores here are still open!

I love wrapping presents. I don't know why, I just do. It's therapeutic almost, ha. So I take my time and make it look nice.