Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Share your photos!

Welcome to the forum and cute tree! presents
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m4816k View Post
    My first post here, and what better way to introduce yourself on a christmas forum than to post a pic of the tree So here's my last year's.

P. S. Marshmallow world, I love your last year's tree, looks really nice and traditional with all those colors. Some folks don't like a lot of colors on the tree, but I'm (obviously) not one of them

P. P. S. Chantellejoy, love your '05 tree - that's what great trees are for me, with all their flaws and imperfections of nature's gifts. It's charming!
    Wow! That's the kind of tree we had when I was growing up. Without so many branches, you can really show off your ornaments. I miss that kind of tree. I just have warm fuzzies all over.

Last year, I was definitely going for traditional. I'm glad you think I acheived it. This year's tree is different but I haven't taken a picture yet.

Quote Originally Posted by m4816k View Post
    My first post here, and what better way to introduce yourself on a christmas forum than to post a pic of the tree So here's my last year's.
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

What a great way to introduce yourself to us all...Thanks for sharing a photo with us already. Hope you continue to come back and post with us!

Merry Christmas,
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

what a cute tree! very nostalgic. thanks for posting. ok, people, I wanna see more of your decorated tree photos. more photos! more photos! more photos! (pounding fists on table) (ok, shhhhh. don't mention that I don't have any photos up, either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Wow! That's the kind of tree we had when I was growing up. Without so many branches, you can really show off your ornaments. I miss that kind of tree. I just have warm fuzzies all over.

Last year, I was definitely going for traditional. I'm glad you think I acheived it. This year's tree is different but I haven't taken a picture yet.
    ------

Yeah well, we always have a real tree and here in Europe most evergreen varieties (that people use as christmas trees) are somewhat sparse by American standards. They look diferent and have some advantages, like being able to accomodate nice loops of garland or larger ornaments. Of course, more dense trees are easier to decorate simply because there's more branches to choose from and you can always find a perfect spot for every ornament while also giving a nice, dark background to decorations. But I like tradition and those perfect-looking trees just don't do it for me, especially if they're artificial. I find them OK for formal spaces or shopping malls, but I like something more traditional, natural and casual for my living room. But hey, there's something for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    Thanks for your kind words DM I have loved Christmas from the time I was a little boy. The decorating I do takes alot of time, and energy. Several times in the last few weeks my wife has got up in the morning to find me working on the decorating. I am hoping to be completely finished by November 29th so i will finally be able to relax for a week until the entertaining begins.. I also do most of the cooking so my wife goes to bed on Christmas Eve while I stay up all night cooking

CM it just tickles me to say your wife goes to sleep on Christmas Eve and you stay up cooking. My brother does the same thing as he is the better cook in the family. My SIL teases her co-workers all the time about how my brother fixes her breakfast for her and has her lunch packed before she comes downstais in the morning before work. When she gets home in the evening dinner is already in the process of being cooked.
    Last edited by MarineBrat; 12-15-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Yes I have been trained well by my MB and I know my role

I will post some new pictures soon.

Been busy decorating but here are some of my pictures of my trees.....

These two were posted in another thread and I don't know if they were seen be eveyone since this is the official thread to post pictures

Red/gold tree

Teal/lavendar tree

MasterBedroom pink tree

Family handmade ornament tree - ages of ornament makers range from 3 to 92 - starting back in 1968 till now - won't win beautiful tree of the year but there are lots of memories hanging on the branches

I have 5 more trees that are still in various stages of setting up plus the Christmas village - hope this is not too many pictures in one post and hope you enjoy.....

Lynne
    Last edited by lynnenc; 12-14-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Beautiful trees Lynne

another reindeer display

Freak at work

2006 and 2008 Swarowski crystal snowflakes

My last tree to be decorated

crystal tree