Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When to start shopping

I just heard on a news radio station - not 30 seconds ago that:
    -one third of all Christmas gifts will be purchased on-line this year.

(Also heard that a load of fresh-cut Christmas trees was spotted heading down the highway this morning!!!)
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Smile

I buy throughout the year, but I always enjoy Black Friday too...it's worth a few friendly 'cat fights'! lol
    www.carolinapanthercoalition.com

I usually start in mid december

:gift: Gifts online

Hello,

I don't usually buy much on-line, but the other day I found this most charming children's book for Christmas on Amazon.com
    It is called The Animals Christmas Star by an author called Carita Sundin.
    The reason I went and bought it for my 6 year old is because my friend had it and I really thought it was lovely. Had a kind of old-fashion feel to it and it is about the connection between a little girl and animals. It is diffrent and very pure.
    Anyway, sometimes one can find nice stuff on-line.

With the Warmth of Christmas
    Cate

I have to say that I am probably the exception as I HATE (hate hate hate) online shopping. I don't trust it (you hear about security concerns popping up all the time), I worry about it arriving on time, that they are sending me the right thing.. too many possibilties.

I like going to the store, looking at the displays and people, taking what I want in my hand and buying it then and there.

Oh, and to the topic.. my shopping starts the day after Thanksgiving lol.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I just kind of shop whenever I find the deals. I start my lookout in early November. I agree that gifts online can be much cheaper.

I started about a month ago.

Black Friday Sale!

The best time to start saving would be the beginning of the new year. The best time to shop for christmas would be on black friday, day after thanksgiving when a lot of products are sold at half price!

start now

My shopping

despite always seeming to leave my shopping till the last minute i have been much better prepared this year, went to Best Buy this weekend and got 25% off all beauty products so used that to get my family presents sorted. Would suggest starting this week if ordering online or if your shoppin on the hight street then i would say anytime upto 23rd depending how brave you are!

Hope this helps