Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making Gifts

Making Gifts

I want to make a Christmas gift for my coworker, but I don't want her to think I'm lame for not buying something from the store. I like beading, knitting, and working with polymer clay.

My coworker is into dogs, chocolate, and the TV show: House. Any ideas on what I can make her? I love experimenting with other arts and crafts ideas, so anything goes.

I made tissue box covers for the ladies in my family this year out of Plastic Canvas. It is like cross stitch only with plastic canvas. there are all kinds of patterns out there. Maybe something with dogs on it!

I'm not very good at this but a dachshund out of polymer sounds cool. I have a resin dachshund wearing a floral shirt and a hula skirt. It's a Hot Diggity Dog. Click on the link to see a picture:

http://www.funtocollect.com/longhotsummer.html

You can look up other Hot Diggity Dogs at that site.

BTW, welcome to the site and I love your username!

Thanks guys! I've never worked with resin before, so that sounds like lots of fun. Is it possible to make resin half-figurines? I suddenly realized I could make a picture frame with all her favorite things (sculpted out of resin or clay) glued onto the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVelvetCake View Post
    Thanks guys! I've never worked with resin before, so that sounds like lots of fun. Is it possible to make resin half-figurines? I suddenly realized I could make a picture frame with all her favorite things (sculpted out of resin or clay) glued onto the frame.
    I haven't worked with resin either. I don't do many crafts. I bought my Hot Diggety Dog from a mail-order catalog because it made me chuckle. I thought maybe those dogs would give you some ideas for the polymer. I've never used polymer either. The only things I've made were with felt or fabric and a wreath or two. I don't consider myself very crafty.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVelvetCake View Post
    That sounds wonderful take a pic when your through so we can all see it. I am not allthat crafty myself but I want to start scrapbooking in the new year. One for each of my dogs and my parents one!

Dog sweater

How about knitting her a sweater for her dog and one for her that matches. She might like something like that.

I make my own gifts, they are unique, beautiful & suitable for everyone.
    you can take a look here: etsy.com/shop/JerusalemBliss
    what do you think?

Please tell me that which scooter is better for a 8 year old kid, I have to gift my cousin a one but i am confused between kick and simple manual scooter.This would be really appreciated.

I make Giftbaskets. I will make cookie and candy boxes for family and friends.