Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet our special house guest - recollections in the making ;)

Meet our special house guest - recollections in the making ;)

We have a very special guest staying with us until Christmas this year! We stumbled upon each other in Marks and Spencer when doing some Christmas shopping. He told me he is a very, very long way from home and here on a very important job from a very important person! So he's staying with us for the season

Introducing our special guest:

This is Santa's Secret Elf - He is here on a very important job from father Christmas! That job is watching my girls to see if they are being naughty or nice, and reporting back to Father Christmas to help decide which list they go on! It's all very exciting and my girls love him! Since he's been staying, they have been extra nice and I think they'll definately get on that nice list and get lots of presents this year

My little ones took him to toddler group yesterday and my eldest showed him around and made him feel very at home:

Today she has taken him to nursery to meet the nursery aunties and so that he can watch and make sure she is being nice at nursery as well as at home

He says he loves it here, but he feels a little home sick being so far from the North Poll and he misses Father Christmas, the reindeer and all of his family and elf friends, so to make him feel more at home we're going to have to decorate our house all Christmassy and put up a Christmas tree - so he doesn't feel like he's so far away from home

Too cute CM
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Very sweet!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    Too cute CM
    Thank you I'm looking forward to hearing about what he has got up to at nursery with my daughter today

So cute we have something like that around here called Elf on a Shelf..

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    A little off topic, but I miss Marks and Spencer. I used to shop there when I was living in Canada. I think they closed all the Canadian Marks and Spencers stores. I don't remember them having toys at the Canadian stores. I think they only carried clothes and food.

Anyway I'm sure your girls will make the nice list.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    We have The Elf on the Shelf. My son named him Barnacle, and he doesn't come until the day we set up the tree.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Barnacle appears in a different place every morning, and the boys have to find where he is. Also, they are not allowed to touch him or his "magic" won't work anymore.

I've heard of this elf on the shelf... He's pretty expensive though isn't he? I was intending on setting the elf up overnight so he'll be found doing / having done different things like riding my husband's model trains, baking cookies, setting up the Christmas tree, making snowflakes etc