Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Tree Themes 2011

Christmas Tree Themes 2011

Do you change the theme and/or colour of your Christmas Tree decorations from year to year or do you keep adding to your existing collection of decorations?

How will your trees be decorated for Christmas 2011?

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    At this point, we don't add too much. I suppose we will when the boys are in school and they bring home something they made. We have tons of ornaments and we just decide as we go which go on and which don't. Our tree decoration is truly a spontaneous thing. We dig out all the boxes and simply "start".
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

we change our tree color scheme every year. we picked multicolored lights this year but all the other decorations will be the same throughout the house! trying to figure out how we can put some stuff in the front yard but we have no outlets around that area so gotta see if we can somehow run a cord through the door or window...

My theme is always the same.. red white and blue

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleskies View Post
    we change our tree color scheme every year. we picked multicolored lights this year but all the other decorations will be the same throughout the house! trying to figure out how we can put some stuff in the front yard but we have no outlets around that area so gotta see if we can somehow run a cord through the door or window...
    I don't have any outlets on the outside of my house either. I always run power from the garage. I drilled a small hole on the edge of the garage window to feed the cord through.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

we live in an apartment complex and theres no garage :( whats worse is we have an outlet at our back door but even if we put stuff back there no one would see we are at the corner of the building!!! but we have a perfect little spot in the front yard that is ours and no frickin outlet! lol

Quote Originally Posted by purpleskies View Post
    we live in an apartment complex and theres no garage :( whats worse is we have an outlet at our back door but even if we put stuff back there no one would see we are at the corner of the building!!! but we have a perfect little spot in the front yard that is ours and no frickin outlet! lol
    Maybe you should just run an extension cord thru the front window, then close the window as far as you can and stuff some insulation in to seal out the cold. You could also use some heavy tape to seal up the open crack. Put the cord at a far corner of the window - behind the curtains and just keep the window shut! If there's a will, there's a way!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

My tree's are..no themes as such just colours..

Landing..........Green,Gold and Red.
    Hallway..........Browns,Oranges Autumnal colours
    Kitchen..........Every colour
    Main tree.......Clear glass with a touch of white to make it seems frosty.
    This is in the living room.
    Merry Christmas to all...

Main tree is white garland, topper, tree skirt & lights with silver bead strands. My ornaments are mainly antiques and collectables - so they are all colors and styles and many have sentimental value- so I'd never change them! I used to use red garland and multi-lights - many years ago!

The tree in the den is new this year and is a white tree with clear and purple lights, & silver bead strands. It will have 44 purple glittery ornments and 28 Hallmark Madame Alexander doll ornments. I will be using a real Madame Alexnder doll as the topper. I have to make some sort of purple tree skirt!

Each daughter puts a small tree in her room. One has a white tree with a collection of "Rudolph" mini ornaments. The other is green with a variety of small ornaments. They don't always use lights!
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 10-30-2011 at 02:04 AM.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

My tree is a winter wonderland theme :-) White, silver and glass Multicoloured lights, though