Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any outdoor decorating in your area?

Smile Any outdoor decorating in your area?

It seems that every year, more and more people are Halloween decorating outdoors. At least they are in my neighborhood. It used to be, people would just hang something on the door.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    We do a little. There are quite a few houses in my area that do.

MY HOUSE:
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Here's our place

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

I hate ugly, scary stuff and am glad that no one does it on our street. A couple of us decorate for fall. Tonight the trick-or-treaters came and I think we were the only family on our street who passed out candy. One man came with his two boys and we ended up talking. I invited them in and gave the boys homemade cookies. The younger boy noticed that we have birds so I took him over to their cages and his dad and brother followed us. Later, three of our grandchildren came with their parents and a young friend. I had candy and refreshments for them. I really enjoyed the evening.
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 11-01-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I hate ugly, scary stuff and am glad that no one does it on our street.
    Ugly........ Scary.........really
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by papa_christmas View Post
    ugly........ Scary.........really

lol!

Well - all of my Halloween decor got buried in 10+ inches of snow!!! That freak October snowstorm was devastating! We had no power for 3 and a half days. The snow was intensely heavy which brought down numerous trees and in turn numerous power lines. Three million homes/businesses on the east coast We were initially without power! We lost ours at 5pm on Saturday and just got it back an hour or so ago! Also - we had only 2 trick or treaters!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Well - all of my Halloween decor got buried in 10+ inches of snow!!! That freak October snowstorm was devastating! We had no power for 3 and a half days. The snow was intensely heavy which brought down numerous trees and in turn numerous power lines. Three million homes/businesses on the east coast We were initially without power! We lost ours at 5pm on Saturday and just got it back an hour or so ago! Also - we had only 2 trick or treaters!
    Last year I think we had only two kids come to the door. This year was better. I think we had ten or twelve and I had very little leftover candy. I don't buy much, but some years most of it is left over.

I'm glad you got your power back. I hate being without power when it happens here!

Sad to hear...

...so few trick or treaters. Sometime if you're on the edge of town you may get 5 or 10, but one block over gets 50! We average near 90 every year. The outdoor decorations were so elaborate, most still have them out now! Glad to see all the photos! Until next year...