Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Less than 2 weeks....

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I have never put anything Christmassy up before Thanksgiving. Thats because I always have company for Thanksgiving and want to give that holiday its due. This year I may put up my new white tree before Thanksgiving! It will be out of the way - in the den - so won't be on display!
    I feel that way too. We always decorate the day after Thanksgiving. However, as my outdoor display grows, I've been doing a lot of the outdoor set-up right after Halloween to take advantage of the warmer temps. Nothing gets turned on until Thanksgiving night though.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I feel that way too. We always decorate the day after Thanksgiving. However, as my outdoor display grows, I've been doing a lot of the outdoor set-up right after Halloween to take advantage of the warmer temps. Nothing gets turned on until Thanksgiving night though.

My shopping, cards, and some of the wrapping are all usually done before Thanksgiving. I mail gifts going out of the area on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving now. When I was younger, I waited until after December 5th, but found that everything was so rushed then that I ended up feeling so stressed out. Many people decorate earlier now than they used to. Much more enjoyable. I try to stick to a decorating schedule. The day after Thanksgiving is dedicated to the outside lights (weather permitting); two days after Thanksgiving, the village goes up. The village set up is by far the most work and takes a good 8+ hours. Boxes that the houses come in serve as hills. These are then covered in snow blankets and I plan out where each house will be placed so I can run the lighting and hide it under the snow blankets. Then the houses are placed, followed by the accessories and people. Lastly, everything is dusted with "snow". So much work - but worth it!

Three days after Thanksgiving, I set up all the inside decorations - stockings; mistletoe; motionettes; nativity; my Santa, snowmen and nutcracker collections; inside lights; small trees; candles; etc. On the fourth day after, I set up my main tree, which also takes a long time - 4 to 6 hours depending upon the amount of help I get.

Then the next 5 or 6 days are spent baking cookies.

Can you tell I am getting excited?
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

My shopping, cards, and some of the wrapping are all usually done before Thanksgiving. I mail gifts going out of the area on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving now. When I was younger, I waited until after December 5th, but found that everything was so rushed then that I ended up feeling so stressed out. Many people decorate earlier now than they used to. Much more enjoyable. I try to stick to a decorating schedule. The day after Thanksgiving is dedicated to the outside lights (weather permitting); two days after Thanksgiving, the village goes up. The village set up is by far the most work and takes a good 8+ hours. Boxes that the houses come in serve as hills. These are then covered in snow blankets and I plan out where each house will be placed so I can run the lighting and hide it under the snow blankets. Then the houses are placed, followed by the accessories and people. Lastly, everything is dusted with "snow". So much work - but worth it!

Three days after Thanksgiving, I set up all the inside decorations - stockings; mistletoe; motionettes; nativity; my Santa, snowmen and nutcracker collections; inside lights; small trees; candles; etc. On the fourth day after, I set up my main tree, which also takes a long time - 4 to 6 hours depending upon the amount of help I get.

Just reading these kinds of post gets me so excited for the best time of year!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

AWESOME Schedule!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

That is an amazing list! It sounds like so much fun. Just reading about it makes me want to take out my decorations right now!