Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas decorations that make you say "Bah Humbug!"

Christmas decorations that make you say "Bah Humbug!"

Hey guys! I know on several of the posts, we talk about some of our favorite Christmas decorations and pass out suggestions and ideas, but I was just wondering if there were any Christmas decorations that when you see them you roll your eyes or even cringe???

Please share!

:holly:

I don't know that this is a decoration but I personally HATE those upside down Christmas trees that you can get some places !!!!

I agree with you -- I don't "get" those, either...and I don't want to offend anyone, because I know this is a fairly common decoration approach, but I can't stand to see red Christmas bows tied on to chairs or other furniture for just the heck of it...tying a bow to something doesn't necessarily make it festive... !

Chavvy pink or funereal black christmas trees, those bundles of twigs that they expect you to pay £20 for, as well as giant inflatable snowmen and santas.

Why?
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    Chavvy pink or funereal black christmas trees, those bundles of twigs that they expect you to pay £20 for, as well as giant inflatable snowmen and santas.

Why?
    Whoever invented those giant inflatables is a rich person, because you see them everywhere! I just love to see one looking like the leaning tower about to hit the ground when the wind picks up!

Also, Christmas colors are no longer just red, green, silver and gold...there are bright pink, blues, greens, grays and blacks...I must admit I do like some the bright greens, but for the most part, I keep to more traditional colors...to each his own...

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
    Hey guys! I know on several of the posts, we talk about some of our favorite Christmas decorations and pass out suggestions and ideas, but I was just wondering if there were any Christmas decorations that when you see them you roll your eyes or even cringe???

Please share!
    Hi, I absolutely detest up-side-down Christmas trees. I know I sound harsh but pleeeease whose idea was that? As far as I'm concerned they show lack of respect for Christmas.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Thanks for the wonderful thread HollyJolly!!
    Well, we all know Christmas decoration in stores always begins first days of December and every mall and department store across the planet hires a Santa or two for the season..

I say Baaahhh!!! Humbug! to all those stores who hire Santas who who do not seem to enjoy spending time with Children, making them and their parents feel uncomfortable..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

For sure upside down Christmas trees, also racing lights or flashing lights of any kind!

SATA STOP HERE signs also get me annoyed, as if Christmas is some kind of cargo cult! What sort of materialist messages are children being indoctrinated with these days?
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Christmas Hampers Guest

Bah Humbug Gifts are Tacky and Cheap

We have an Australian based website selling local Gourmet Food and Wine Gifts fro Christmas.
    You would be surprised how many people actually WANT Tacky and Cheap gifts added to their hampers.

But, yes, my most favorite worst Christmas Gift Thingy is those little santa and themed heads, the size of a dime, that get stuck in my kids throat...