Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am SO excited for Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving in recent years seems to have become Christmas-lite in my opinion .. not that it is a bad thing. They are really starting to become one in the same. You get dressed up, go to church (if you observe), and spend the rest of the day with the Family. Really, you even eat the same types of food.

I look forward to parking myself on the couch, watching the Macy's Parade, eating, watching the Detroit Lions lose, eating some more.

Its always a good time.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

i hope u all have a wonderful all u can stuff your self thxgiving 2011 feast i love your thx ornaments
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Weird...we've never gone to church on Thanksgiving. I didn't even know churches had service on that day.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

well i would think that @ thxgiving its the best time 2 give thx lol
    makes sence right ?
    here we dont celebrate thxgiving but i give thx every day 4 life .
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I believe it's origins have to do with being thankful for a good crop harvest. The holiday itself is not a religious one (at least I don't think so.)
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

i dont think so either.
    were the pilgrim religious?
    they must have bin dident they share their food with the Indians?
    i guess in those days u should B thankful also that u wont scalped by the friendly indians.
    lol iam in a mood this morning mike
    - St. Luke ii.

[Thanksgiving] I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge—
    - St. Luke ii.

I have always thought Thanksgiving was a religious holiday because it is my understanding that the pilgrims were thankful to God for the bounty of crops.

i have never celebrated thanksgiving or even @ some 1 elses house but have seen it many places & i think i would love it 2 have a wonderful time & dont eat 2 much lol.

Colossians 3:15

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
    - St. Luke ii.

I love spending time w the family on Thanksgiving..But sadly this year I have to work...so It will be left overs for me.