* 250 g all-purpose flour
    * 100 g vanilla sugar
    * 56 g semisweet chocolate, chopped

* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box
    My folders:
    * add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
    * add a personal note Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS

1. Cream together the butter with the sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour.
    2. Turn into a ball, cover and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
    3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    4. To form the crescents, roll about 1 Tbsp of the dough in the palms of your hands. Then continue rolling to form a rope about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch thick. Bend rope to form crescent. Repeat with remaining dough, placing on ungreased cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
    5. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies should be white in color. Let cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes to prevent breaking. Then, while cookies are still warm, carefully roll in vanilla sugar. (May be found in bulk food stores). Repeat with remaining cookies. Cool cookies completely.
    6. Melt chocolate in a double boiler set over low heat. When cookies are cool, dip tips of each cookie in melted chocolate, then set on waxed paper to dry.

:gingerbread:

thanks for sharing. I love to try new recipes.

I think I may try your recipe sometime. Kifli are my favorite cookies in the whole world! My recipe is different though:

Kifli (Hungarian Walnut Cookies)
    Yield: 6 Dozen

Dough:
    4 3/4 cups Unsifted all-purpose flour
    2 cups Butter or margarine
    4 large Egg yolks, slightly beaten
    1 cup Sour cream

Filling:
    1 1/4 lb Shelled walnuts (about 5 Cups), ground
    1 cup Granulated sugar
    1/2 cup Milk
    1 Tbsp. Almond extract

Glaze:
    1 large Egg, beaten
    Confectioners' sugar

Make dough: in a large bowl, place flour and butter. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolks and sour cream; stir with a fork until combined.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board or pastry cloth. Knead dough with your hands until it is smooth and can be shaped into a ball. If dough is too sticky, knead in more flour. If desired, wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate.

Make filling: in a medium-sized bowl, place ground walnuts, granulated sugar, milk and almond extract. Using a wooden spoon, stir in walnut mixture until ingredients are thoroughly combined.

Preheat oven to 400F. Grease baking sheets with solid vegetable shortening.

To shape Kifli: divide dough into quarters; wrap three of quarters separately in plastic wrap and set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining quarter of dough to a 15" x 12" rectangle that is 1/8" thick.

Using a pastry wheel, cut rectangle of dough into 3-inch squares. Place a heaping teaspoon of walnut filling in center of each square; bring one corner of dough over filling to opposite corner; pinch edges together.

Place Kifli on baking sheets; brush with beaten egg. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Remove from baking sheet. Fill bottom of a pie plate with confectioners' sugar. Roll Kifli in sugar. Let cool on wire racks. Repeat steps with remaining three quarters of dough.

Source: McCall's Cooking School: Desserts/Cookies

This recipe says to cut the dough in squares. I don't do that. I roll them into crescents. You can make Meringue Kisses if you save the egg whites.