Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: At what age did Santa stop coming?

frostythesnowman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Santa is the best!!!
    he sure is ornamentmaven..he has NEVER let me down..

My mom is 53. But still santa comes to my house. Don't think like that. It is a festival of joy and santa leaves no one alone and sad.
    Christmas Trees Sale | Christmas Ornaments Sale | Christmas Tree Decorations
    http://www.factorydirectparty.com/holiday/christmas-trees.html

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    No, no... I meant what age did you get your last gift / stocking from 'Santa'. Whether you believed in him or not was another matter. Even though I AM 'father Christmas' for my girls now, I still can't shake the tiny feeling inside me that I still believe on some level I swear I still hear bells in the night on Christmas Eve!
    I don't remember. My mother didn't really care that much about Santa. She took credit for the gifts we received. That let Santa off the hook because we were poor and I don't think he should discriminate against poor children. Suppose Santa gave the kid next door a really expensive gift and all you got was a novel and some slippers? After awhile you'd just stop writing letters to Santa, because no matter how good you were, he'd always give other children better gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    I don't remember. My mother didn't really care that much about Santa. She took credit for the gifts we received. That let Santa off the hook because we were poor and I don't think he should discriminate against poor children. Suppose Santa gave the kid next door a really expensive gift and all you got was a novel and some slippers? After awhile you'd just stop writing letters to Santa, because no matter how good you were, he'd always give other children better gifts.
    That is the one thing about Santa that has always bothered me. ...and that is the very reason why it is better for a child to stop believing at a very young age - such as 7. At that point they are too young to really compare the value of their gifts with other children's. Plus, after age 7 they are likely to get picked on by other kids if they still believe. My sister-in-law was 12 when she stopped believing - I don't know how she got away with that! I was 5 when an older kid told me, but I still believed until I was 7. I remember being in 4th grade and a teacher asking the class " Who still believes in Santa". A couple kids raised their hands - but boy were they teased by the rest of the class. That was a horrible question for a teacher to ask!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Santa still comes to our house every year, even though our daughters are now 24 and 19. Plus, this year Santa gets to come for our new son-in-law!

I've always loved being the "Santa" who shops for our girls, buying the gift and then watching them open in on Christmas morning. But this year I got to buy for my son-in-law, and it was a new experience. No matter how old "boys" get, they still want some kind of toy. Buying grown-up toys for him was a lot of fun!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

My parents always told us that Santa wasn't real, but I don't see the harm in letting my children believe .
    It's all part of the magic that is Christmas :D

Well, according to what my parents have said, we didn't have a lot of money when I was a little kid, but I never noticed it. Wasn't so much the price of a present that mattered to me, even then.

As for Santa? I never stopped believing. Hope I never do! To quote Fred Gailey in Miracle on 34th Street, "Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to".

So what if you don't get the most expensive toy? The love that comes with it is priceless. I think most kids know that, no matter the age.

And to answer the original question, so far he's been to my house for 56 years. I have no reason to assume he'll skip this one, though I wish he'd get the reindeer to stop stomping on my roof. It's metal, and sounds like ...well, like a bunch of reindeer on a metal roof!
    Last edited by Santa57; 12-20-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

josephineperry Guest
    I was 12....I know, too young, wasn't very happy to find out....

Quote Originally Posted by josephineperry View Post
    I was 12....I know, too young, wasn't very happy to find out....
    I'm gonna send him to your house this Christmass, and let the reindeer hooves on the roof keep somebody else awake, for a change.
    Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    My son turns 9 in October. I'm wondering if we shouldn't have "the talk". I've been wrestling with this for a few months now. I kinda feel like we got away with one this past Christmas.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!