Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you do hampers?

And your gift hamper is what we call a gift basket. The common theme here is "basket"- all of these items are some sort of basket! Last year I did movie gift baskets for my two daughters. I founf traditional popcorn (red and white striped) bags - but a molded plastic, permanent version. In it I placed a new release DVD, a box of microwave popcorn, several boxes of candy, several individual bottles of soda and popcorn seasoning. They were big hits!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    And your gift hamper is what we call a gift basket. The common theme here is "basket"- all of these items are some sort of basket! Last year I did movie gift baskets for my two daughters. I founf traditional popcorn (red and white striped) bags - but a molded plastic, permanent version. In it I placed a new release DVD, a box of microwave popcorn, several boxes of candy, several individual bottles of soda and popcorn seasoning. They were big hits!
    That sounds awesome! Thanks for giving me the idea... I know somebody that this type of hamper would be perfect for! Thanks

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    We use laundry baskets for our clothes, but a hamper for the boys.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Ohh err now I'm confused. What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    A laundry basket here is a wicker container for dirty clothes to be stored before they go in the machine:

Seems to be the general consensus on google images, too: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lau...w=1024&bih=636

I have a plastic basket for clean laundry to be stored in before ironing and packing away, but when I think, 'laundry basket', my imediate thought is the type you have in your bedroom / bathroom to store dirty laundry and that's the way it is used here

Most people I know would not know the term "laundry hamper". Where I am from a hamper is commonly recognised as something you take a picnic in, or as per the topic of this thread, gift hampers.

But like you say, it's just a language thing - It really doesn't matter!

So, you know what I mean by hamper - does anybody else do them?
    My laundry basket for clean laundry is plastic, too. The tall basket with a lid is called a hamper in our house.

As for gift baskets or gift hampers, my daughter has done a lot of those. I don't do them. And I have a lot of allergies so I wouldn't want to receive one with toiletries or candy. But I'm sure if you know what the recipient uses, they're a great idea. Some people might like paperback books and CDs in them; although some people have most of their music on iPods.

Anyway, great idea!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Someone should report you! Methinks you've been reading too much Mark Twain!

"When a child turns 12 you should put him in a barrel, nail the lid down and feed him through a knot hole. When he turns 16, plug the hole!"
    Mark Twain