Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indoor Lights

Indoor Lights

I use clear mini lights on all of my indoor trees. What do you use?

Have you seen those wonderful remote control candles? I wish I had some.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I use clear mini lights on all my trees as well. I used solid colors and multi color lights outside
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I absolutely do NOT use clear minis. On the tree, I use a combination of multi-color minis, multi-color C7's and multi-color C7 LEDs All of them twinkle, except the LEDs. I also use a star shaped tree topper with multi-color minis. I respect what you do with clear lights...I have just loved the variety of colors since I was a boy.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I absolutely do NOT use clear minis. On the tree, I use a combination of multi-color minis, multi-color C7's and multi-color C7 LEDs All of them twinkle, except the LEDs. I also use a star shaped tree topper with multi-color minis. I respect what you do with clear lights...I have just loved the variety of colors since I was a boy.
    Mike, I understand your love of the multi-color lights. That is what I grew up with as well. I swore by them for many years (until I was about 45) and then wanted some lighting that would highlight my intense ornament collection- and white/clear lighting is the best for that - so I switched!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Mike, I understand your love of the multi-color lights. That is what I grew up with as well. I swore by them for many years (until I was about 45) and then wanted some lighting that would highlight my intense ornament collection- and white/clear lighting is the best for that - so I switched!
    Yeah...I suspect the ornaments would be a huge factor in the decision. I have an absolute hodgepodge of ornaments. No rhyme or reason. I guess I rely on the lights to make the tree look better. HA!!

I always use colored on the tree. I use a combination of both on the outside. I LOVE both!
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Yeah...I suspect the ornaments would be a huge factor in the decision. I have an absolute hodgepodge of ornaments. No rhyme or reason. I guess I rely on the lights to make the tree look better. HA!!
    I have alittle bit of eveything in my ornament collection as well. I'm not a theme/single color type of person. But each of my ornaments has it's own"personality" and history. I must put about a 1000 on my tree. Now that's alot of personality!

We've got about 1 more year where we need to abstain from putting ornaments down low where Levi can grab them. I'm optimistic that by next year, we will be back to actually decorating the WHOLE tree!!

I remember the days of only unbreakable ornaments on the bottom of the tree!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I used to love the clear lights, but when I started doing my own tree nostalgia set in and I went for the multi colored lights. I think the clear are more elegant, but the multi-colored just made me feel more Christmassy.