Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Tree Theme!

New Tree Theme!

This year will be my first Christmas in my own house. Since my husband was a child he has been collecting diecast tractors and farm toys. This year instead of keeping them boxed up, I am going to make him a tractor tree! I have already been getting them out and putting ribbon on them to hang from the branches.

Since a lot of the stuff is too big for the tree I will have a farm scene under the tree with farms and animals and such.

I am so excited to do this tree for him! It is going to be on the landing of our stairs.

I will get pictures up when I start it!!

I am looking forward to seeing it! That's so nice you are doing that

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

That sounds wonderful!! What a great thing to do for him.

My hubby likes matchbox cars maybe next year I will do the 4 ft tree with them he has his put up somewhere. But I would love to see your tree while you are working on it.

Sounds interesting!

It sounds very interesting and I am sure that he will be very happy

I did the match box car for my son about 10 years ago and I purchased some of the small checkered flags & made that into the topper & went to the craft store & purchased some race car fabric to make a tree skirt for it. I can't wait to see it! You can also take colored lights and change the strand to red, yellow and green( street lights)..that adds to your theme!
    Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Merry Christmas from my home to yours.
    Theresa, Ron & Nolan & Misty the cat

tree finished

finally finished my candy tree, didnt think i had any room left but managed to put chocolate snowmen, chocolate gingerbread men and chocolate houses on it, any more im afraid it will fall over. i posted more pictures.

thanks for sharing your pics. I love the lollipops you have around the tree.

Thank you, they were so easy to make, i even got my 4 yr old involved, i took styrofoam and had him paint them the same colors as the celofane, other wise you would have seen white through it. He had a good time. Then i bought the dowels and painted them white, and put them on the styrofoam, and wrapped them with celofane. I needed something to hold them so i wrapped empty boxes and put the dowel through the top and hot glued them in. Add a bow to the top to hide the stick. It was a fun project. Sorry i went on about it. I am so excited about it.