Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gift for the father who buys it all for himself?

Snowman is offline Naughty & Nice List Keeper
    Although not quite as old as your father,I'm pretty much into a lot of hobbies etc,and will buy stuff as and when I need it,but over the years I have devised a plan to help my kids buy my presents and I get what I need.Example, I like to do a lot of walking in the fall/winter,the other day I came back from a walk and stepped into the kitchen,my wife was there talking to one of my sons and his girlfriend,I casually said,"I'm going to have to get myself a new backpack and some more of these trousers,these have about had it." [the kaki type with lots of pockets].When we were sat down a bit later with my other son there,I said to my wife "remind me when we go shopping to get some more files,paper and I quite fancy getting myself a new pen set."
    Yesterday my wife warned me not to buy anything for myself before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Although not quite as old as your father,I'm pretty much into a lot of hobbies etc,and will buy stuff as and when I need it,but over the years I have devised a plan to help my kids buy my presents and I get what I need.Example, I like to do a lot of walking in the fall/winter,the other day I came back from a walk and stepped into the kitchen,my wife was there talking to one of my sons and his girlfriend,I casually said,"I'm going to have to get myself a new backpack and some more of these trousers,these have about had it." [the kaki type with lots of pockets].When we were sat down a bit later with my other son there,I said to my wife "remind me when we go shopping to get some more files,paper and I quite fancy getting myself a new pen set."
    Yesterday my wife warned me not to buy anything for myself before Christmas

Sometimes all we need to do is listen!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

This describes my dad to a T.
    I usually end up getting him a gift certificate.

A digital photo frame with a memory card pre-loaded with photos that you have chosen. Should appeal on the tech front and it's personalised too.

Please tell me that which scooter is better for a 8 year old kid, I have to gift my cousin a one but i am confused between kick and simple manual scooter.This would be really appreciated.