Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO you send out thank yous after the holidays?

DO you send out thank yous after the holidays?

I haven't in the past but starting this year I am going to send out thanks to everybody who comes to share my holidays and for the gifts I receive. It shows gratitude and manners. How does everyone else feel about this topic?

There are too many in family, so, we do a white elephant each year. I never thought about it before though. How rude I have been! I think it's a warm and caring thing to do.
    Wishing all a safe and loving Holiday!!

My wife does, so I get included in the thank you's when she writes her family...She was made to do this when she was young or else she wouldn't receive a gift the next year. I think that part of it is ridiculous, but think it is niceto do out of the kindness of your heart and gratitude for what you receive.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I agree! It is nice to recieive thanks from friends and family. No one in my family sends out thank yous but I am starting to. Maybe it will catch on!

You'll have to let us know how it goes.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

where is a inexpensive place to buy nice thank you cards. I figure I will need 15 or so. I am not that picky.

Probably Target or WalMart...They usually have various packs that are rather inexpensive. Try going after Christmas to stock up on thank you cards for next year...That way you get them at 50-75% off!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I will I also want to get money cards for next year. I know they have them after christmas to !

You can try a local arts and craft market. That way they will be handmade if you want that. Markets are funny though, sometimes things are incredibly cheap, other times they are more expensive. Or if you have kids you can get them to make some using potato stamps or stickers or gluing on Christmas ribbons. Or make up something nice on the computer - I use publisher and I can design them however I want if I'm in a creative mood, or you can use one of their already designed formats.

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    where is a inexpensive place to buy nice thank you cards. I figure I will need 15 or so. I am not that picky.
    I've gotten in the past some nice thank you cards from the $ stores. You might want to look there if you have one by you.