Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: What's your favorite version of, 'A Christmas Carol'?

I love the 1935 version starting Seymour Hicks. My parents had it on VHS when I was a kid, and me and my brother wore that tape out year round.

Quote Originally Posted by polrwht07 View Post
    I love the 1935 version starting Seymour Hicks. My parents had it on VHS when I was a kid, and me and my brother wore that tape out year round.
    Wonderful version.

After Halloween I will begin watching the different versions of "A Christmas Carol". A nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169

Muppets christmas carol for me. Hands down love the muppets

Reginald Owen's a good one too I believe it's from 1935.

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens

frostythesnowman Guest
    for me its the jim carrey version....thought it was out of this world!

A very good one, indeed, although, I would not recommend it to children. I would say, its a Christmas film for grown up kids.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)