Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite version of, 'A Christmas Carol'?

Hybrid View

What's your favorite version of, 'A Christmas Carol'?

I love the one starring Patrick Stewart, but mostly just because I'm a huge Patrick Stewart fan and think his acting is just the best My daughter likes the muppet christmas carol. What's your favorite version?

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    I love the one starring Patrick Stewart, but mostly just because I'm a huge Patrick Stewart fan and think his acting is just the best My daughter likes the muppet christmas carol. What's your favorite version?
    Same as yours Christmas_mama I am also a fan of Patrick Steward. And I really liked him as Captain Picard on Star Trek.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    Same as yours Christmas_mama I am also a fan of Patrick Steward. And I really liked him as Captain Picard on Star Trek.
    Same. I am a massive Star Trek fan, too

I LOVE him as Picard on TNG - but I havn't seen his Christmas Carol version..
    you are all CRAZY if you think there's a better version than this:

I'm Serious!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I don't know why, but I dont care for any movie versions of this classic. I'd rather read the story or see it on the stage!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I don't know why, but I dont care for any movie versions of this classic. I'd rather read the story or see it on the stage!
    well ornamentmaven we agree again,don't like it too
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Have you seen the Patrick Stewart version? Aside from Star Trek, he worked primarily in stage theatre so maybe you'd like his version?

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy
    you are all CRAZY if you think there's a better version than this:
    You'd get on well with my 3 year old daugher

Jim Carrey's. It's hilarious!

Unhappy Need some help

To all of my fellow Christmas fans:

I have joined this forum so that I might find something for my mother, who has sent me on a grand quest. (Although I'm sure I'll be sticking around for more year-round Christmas cheer!)

About 40-50 years ago, my mother said she watched a black-and-white, animated version of "A Christmas Carol" that was based on the original illustrations. She said she was pretty certain that she was a child, but not a small child, when she saw it. That would put it at about the 1950's-1960's. She only saw it once, but it has stuck with her since then. This was in Southeastern Virginia, USA.

I am consulting IMDB and amazon.com to try to find it, but am having no luck so far. That's why I'm coming here for some assistance.

Oh, and BTW, my favorite version of "A Christmas Carol" is probably the Muppet version. But I hold no hatred for any of them. The George C. Scott one is cool as is the Patrick Stewart one.

In fact, a couple of years ago I wrote to USA Today and gave them a list of actors I'd like to see play Scrooge in future versions of "ACC". They published my letter in their online version.

BTW, my choices were Kenneth Branaugh (and have Emma Thompson play the Ghost of Christmas Past), David Bowie, Hugh Laurie (although grumpy Scrooge might wind up looking like Dr. House with an accent) and David McCallum (and, for the classic TV fans, have Robert Vaughn play Jacob Marley).

Thanks, y'all!!

vardare

I think I know the version your looking for. Try 1971 Animated version with Michael Redgrave as narrator. Alistair Sim is the voice of Scrooge. The Wikipedia blurb says "inspired by 19th century engraved illustrations of the 1930's edition of a Christmas Carol." I have this version and the drawings are awesome. I think it is only an hour long but not sure.

My favorite versions are Mr. Magoo's & the George C. Scott versions, although I like nearly all of them.

There is a cute version with the Flinstones, where Fred plays Scrooge in the community play & becomes a little too caught up in his character.
    HTH
    Susan