Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Mike's Crazy for Christmas 2011

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Sheesh...I guess everyone's excited to see Mike's tree.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Sheesh...I guess everyone's excited to see Mike's tree.
    Oh Mike, don't be such a sour puss :P

Don't you remember, last year, how pretty it was?!?!
    Besides, it's an ATC Forum Tradition

I'm probably safe in saying it's practically ATC's Official Christmas Tree.
    (at least, the Largest!)

Cheer Up!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I was wondering when CrazyMike was going to update us! Looking forward to seeing pics - good luck with your back, take it slow! Oh btw, I've changed my name from Kris Kringle

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone

I am on vacation from Nov 7th to Nov 11th and I will be dedicating the time to setting up the tree. If my memory serves me correctly it took me 40 hours or so last year to complete the 5000 lights. My wife says I am insane. I have not told her that I am adding another 1500 - 2000 lights. Quite frankly she will not notice until the tree is finished. What she does not know will not hurt me....unless she reads this post

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone

I am on vacation from Nov 7th to Nov 11th and I will be dedicating the time to setting up the tree. If my memory serves me correctly it took me 40 hours or so last year to complete the 5000 lights. My wife says I am insane. I have not told her that I am adding another 1500 - 2000 lights. Quite frankly she will not notice until the tree is finished. What she does not know will not hurt me....unless she reads this post
    We won't tell

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

:santa: lol

I love your post my wife thinks Im nuts we listen to Christmas cd's in the car all year.lol until 1 day when our 1 and a half year old was freaking out in the back seat screaming, I put on the Cd, and just like that no more crying..lol now she doesnt say a thing when its on, the stores near me already have Christmas stuff out...I Love it!

I forgot to mention this in my first post but I just wanted to say that I am sorry if I am coming across as some sort of a egotisical freak in regards to my trees. It is not my intention and I am not in competition with anyone or any of my neighbours.

As a kid my parents always put up a traditional multi coloured tree. Due to health issues my parents have not been able to visit me in over 12 years and have never seen any of my trees in person. Jeannette's mother who lives in London also has health issues and is unable to fly. Christmas can be a very sad and lonely time for us when we see our neighbours with their families visiting for the holidays knowing that our own parents cannot. Hopefully in the years to come we will have children and be able to fill the empty void that we have inside of us.

This is another reason why I am driven to decorate in my no holds barred, no expense spared nature of mine. I am going to attempt to try and get some of my parents ornaments and create a tree like a had when I was a kid. That is going to take some work as I do not know if my dad wil be willing to give me any ornaments. He has not put up the tree since my mother was hurt in the accident.

On a less sombre and much happier note I just picked up my first ornament for the season. It is a Swarowski 2011 snowflake. I will post a picture of it later on today.
    Last edited by Crazymike1965; 10-07-2011 at 03:19 AM.

I forgot to mention this in my first post but I just wanted to say that I am sorry if I am coming across as some sort of a egotisical freak in regards to my trees. It is not my intention and I am not in competition with anyone or any of my neighbours.

As a kid my parents always put up a traditional multi coloured tree. Due to health issues my parents have not been able to visit me in over 12 years and have never seen any of my trees in person. Jeannette's mother who lives in London also has health issues and is unable to fly. Christmas can be a very sad and lonely time for us when we see our neighbours with their families visiting for the holidays knowing that our own parents cannot. Hopefully in the years to come we will have children and be able to fill the empty void that we have inside of us.

This is another reason why I am driven to decorate in my no holds barred, no expense spared nature of mine. I am going to attempt to try and get some of my parents ornaments and create a tree like a had when I was a kid. That is going to take some work as I do not know if my dad wil be willing to give me any ornaments. He has not put up the tree since my mother was hurt in the accident.

On a less sombre and much happier note I just picked up my first ornament for the season. It is a Swarowski 2011 snowflake. I will post a picture of it later on today.

Don't worry, you don't come across as egotistical or competative or anything like that For me personally the thought never even entered my head for a second.

I love Christmas and love seeing other people's decorations especially when they are as pretty as yours. I appreciate you sharing your photos with us - they really bring some more Christmas spirit to the place and bring a smile to my face! I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority, if not all, of us here when I say we know you aren't showing off or trying to compete / steal limelight / put other people's decorations down, but just like sharing the magic and beauty of your trees with us.

Christmas is not about competition or bitterness, it's a time for sharing and loving. Personally I love that you share your pictures with us

Dude don't even think it.

Everybody here loves your handy work.

What ever your driving force we are just glad you share the outcome with your fellow Christmas Junkies
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    Don't worry, you don't come across as egotistical or competative or anything like that For me personally the thought never even entered my head for a second.

I love Christmas and love seeing other people's decorations especially when they are as pretty as yours. I appreciate you sharing your photos with us - they really bring some more Christmas spirit to the place and bring a smile to my face! I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority, if not all, of us here when I say we know you aren't showing off or trying to compete / steal limelight / put other people's decorations down, but just like sharing the magic and beauty of your trees with us.

Christmas is not about competition or bitterness, it's a time for sharing and loving. Personally I love that you share your pictures with us
    absolutely agree on everything
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*