Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Mike's Crazy for Christmas 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    Don't worry, you don't come across as egotistical or competative or anything like that For me personally the thought never even entered my head for a second.

I love Christmas and love seeing other people's decorations especially when they are as pretty as yours. I appreciate you sharing your photos with us - they really bring some more Christmas spirit to the place and bring a smile to my face! I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority, if not all, of us here when I say we know you aren't showing off or trying to compete / steal limelight / put other people's decorations down, but just like sharing the magic and beauty of your trees with us.

Christmas is not about competition or bitterness, it's a time for sharing and loving. Personally I love that you share your pictures with us
    I soooo agree with Christmas_mama Mike. That thought never crossed my mind once. That's why I'm looking forward to your thread

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    I forgot to mention this in my first post but I just wanted to say that I am sorry if I am coming across as some sort of a egotisical freak in regards to my trees. It is not my intention and I am not in competition with anyone or any of my neighbours.

As a kid my parents always put up a traditional multi coloured tree. Due to health issues my parents have not been able to visit me in over 12 years and have never seen any of my trees in person. Jeannette's mother who lives in London also has health issues and is unable to fly. Christmas can be a very sad and lonely time for us when we see our neighbours with their families visiting for the holidays knowing that our own parents cannot. Hopefully in the years to come we will have children and be able to fill the empty void that we have inside of us.

This is another reason why I am driven to decorate in my no holds barred, no expense spared nature of mine. I am going to attempt to try and get some of my parents ornaments and create a tree like a had when I was a kid. That is going to take some work as I do not know if my dad wil be willing to give me any ornaments. He has not put up the tree since my mother was hurt in the accident.

On a less sombre and much happier note I just picked up my first ornament for the season. It is a Swarowski 2011 snowflake. I will post a picture of it later on today.
    I have too agree with every else that the though never even crossed my mind.
    I just really, really love the waiting in anticipation of your beautiful trees..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Don't worry Mike - I just can't wait to see your gorgious trees again!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

You've never come across as being egotistical to me. You've come across as someone who loves Christmas decor and can afford a little more than many of us can. We don't have to be clones with identical trees. I enjoy talking to people who understand my excitement, because you know there are people out there who think we're all crazy. Well, maybe we are, but it's really fun that we're not alone.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Thanks for all your nice comments. It means a lot to me

Now onto the madness. I have a list of about 15 stores that I visit every year from early October until mid November for decorations so it is a very dangerous time for me My wife dreads it when I start my rounds and what is even worse for her this year is that she is going to be out of town when my #1 Christmas ornament store has their closed door Christmas sale. This is the same store where I bought that amazing reindeer from a few years back. I am planning a recon mission there in 2 weeks to see what they have and to also see how much of a beating I am going to get from my wife

I stopped by another store where I buy all my lights from and they had purple led Halloween lights so I will be buying a bunch of sets for the purple tree. perhaps I will get lucky and they will go on sale in the coming weeks.

I'm going to be waiting for the recon mission report!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I can't wait to see your pictures!
    Just for the record, I haver never thought you were egotistical either. Crazy yes!! but not egotistical.

Can't wait to see some pics!
    ~Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    Thanks for all your nice comments. It means a lot to me

Now onto the madness. I have a list of about 15 stores that I visit every year from early October until mid November for decorations so it is a very dangerous time for me .
    I'm new here and came across your decorating thread from last year ... Absolutely beautiful !!! Looking forward to seeing your pics this year.

Unfortunately, I am restricted to just a couple of department stores for decs where I currently live, so was wondering if any of the stores you buy from are online and if so, whether you'd be willing to share that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Christmas View Post
    I'm new here and came across your decorating thread from last year ... Absolutely beautiful !!! Looking forward to seeing your pics this year.

Unfortunately, I am restricted to just a couple of department stores for decs where I currently live, so was wondering if any of the stores you buy from are online and if so, whether you'd be willing to share that info.

Welcome to the forum Calypso Christmas

The 3 main stores that I buy my decorations from are local to where I live in Burlington, Ontario, Canada:

http://www.sheridannurseries.com/
    http://gardengallery.ca/hollandpark/
    http://terragreenhouses.com/

I also buy some decorations from 3 department stores:

http://www.canadiantire.ca
    http://www.thebay.com
    http://www.homesense.com

Incidently Holland park has their no tax sale on Nov 4th which is when I start work on my decorations