Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Movie you don't care to watch

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

Christmas Movie you don't care to watch

Remember, we all have different tastes in movies, so this isn't a thread to criticize other people's choices. What is the one Christmas movie you simply do NOT like?

For me, it's probably all of The Santa Clause movies. Tim Allen annoys me. A shame too, because he turns up in a lot of holiday movies.

Other than that, I even enjoy the really cheesy ones on the Hallmark Channel!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Do not like The Grinch - I do not like any Jim Carrey movies! I do not like them Sam I am!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I'm not a fan of Nestor, the Long Eared Christmas Donkey!

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling. - Edna Ferber

Interesting thread Mike . I have to think about it...

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Do not like The Grinch - I do not like any Jim Carrey movies! I do not like them Sam I am!
    agree, don't like The Grinch too, also don't like Nightmare before Christmas, Bad Santa and Elf (I watch it sometimes but Will Ferrell really annoys me).
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Nightmare before christmas is one I don't like. I basically just like the old fashioned movies. I really dont like all of the new stuff...
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!

I also do not like the nightmaire before Christmas. I also saw a santa movie once. I forget what it was called but I would NOT want to see it again and don't want my kids to see it either. Santa kept grumping and cussing and basically did not look like he liked his job at all :(

I have to agree... Nothing will quite compare to the older movies. I have enjoyed some newer Christmas movies, but not on the same level as the older classics. Maybe that's just because of the connotation between watching them and my childhood Christmas feelings though, by which I mean to say that perhaps I created associations with those older films to Christmas when I watched them as a child, so that when I watch them now those same old feelings are conjured back up?

Quote Originally Posted by *Snowflake* View Post
    agree, don't like The Grinch too, also don't like Nightmare before Christmas, Bad Santa and Elf (I watch it sometimes but Will Ferrell really annoys me).
    HaHa *snowflake* - we have the same taste in movies. Bad Santa is just bad, Nightmare Before Christmas is horrible - I don't even consider it a Christms movie, and Elf I tolerate. You're right - Will Ferrell is very annoying!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by *Snowflake* View Post
    I agree with you on all of those...also, didn't really get into Fred Claus, either...

"I also saw a santa movie once. I forget what it was called but I would NOT want to see it again and don't want my kids to see it either. Santa kept grumping and cussing and basically did not look like he liked his job at all :( "

Could that movie be Bad Santa? That's the sort of film I don't want to see again.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.