Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Breakfast

I was just reading a Christmas magazine and theyhad several recipes for Christmas breakfast casseroles. They sounded great. One was a french toast casserole and the other was a turkey sausage casserole. You can prepare them a day ahead and just pop in the oven in the morning.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

:gingerbread:

My dad used to make us Christmas breakfast just like his Grandma used to make:

Sliced ham, fried in the skillet
    English muffins, toasted, buttered, and covered with thawed strawberries and whipped cream

I'm telling you, the english muffins are to die for! If you get a plastic container of frozen strawberries and let them thaw out, then when you spoon them onto the hot buttered English muffins, the juice from the strawberries will soak into the muffin. Mmm, mmm, I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I was just reading a Christmas magazine and theyhad several recipes for Christmas breakfast casseroles. They sounded great. One was a french toast casserole and the other was a turkey sausage casserole. You can prepare them a day ahead and just pop in the oven in the morning.
    That sounds easy like my Christmas morning menu. Oven-baked eggnog French toast, sausages, and sauteed apple wedges(red, green and yellow for color).

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by kristleful View Post
    My dad used to make us Christmas breakfast just like his Grandma used to make:

Sliced ham, fried in the skillet
    English muffins, toasted, buttered, and covered with thawed strawberries and whipped cream

I'm telling you, the english muffins are to die for! If you get a plastic container of frozen strawberries and let them thaw out, then when you spoon them onto the hot buttered English muffins, the juice from the strawberries will soak into the muffin. Mmm, mmm, I can't wait!
    Sounds delicious!

Toasted egg cups and lil smokies
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Christmas Breakfast

Things were different in my house growing up... I was raised Interfaith and we also celebrated Chanukkah so we would have Lox (Smoked Salmon) , Bagels and cream cheese with tomato and onion! It was so yummy! My mouth is watering just thinking about it now!

I like to have toast with smoked salmon and scrambled egg - see's me through until late lunch and it's a treat with the smoked salmon.

Oven Baked Egg Nog French Toast sounds great! I think I might try that recipe Christmas morning. Thanks Marshmallow World!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbagdon View Post
    Oven Baked Egg Nog French Toast sounds great! I think I might try that recipe Christmas morning. Thanks Marshmallow World!
    You're very welcome! Our son serves us Christmas breakfast at his place and keeps the Oven Baked Egg Nog French Toast tradition alive.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post

This was a (minor) plot point in The Family Stone! It's called a Breakfast Strata (that link will take you to the google results, and the top page is 34 different Christmas Breakfast Strata recipies!)

Sounds YUM YUM!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!