Thread: Christmas Eve traditions

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    sorry.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

don't worry,it's ok
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

No tradition. BUT, 24th of December is my Grandma's birthday -- so we usually go over there, get a pizza, and celebrate. I love the feeling of coming home on New Years Eve, though, watching the Carols or a film.

As a child, Christmas Eve was a simple, candlelit dinner, church, one gift (always new pajamas) and clean bedsheets. Now sure why the clean sheets other than it just felt good and smelled good. As an adult, we still do the candlelight dinner and church.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Seems to be a lot of folks who get new pajamas on Christmas Eve. So far, every year we have gotten the boys "Christmas PJs", we have not wrapped them. Rather, we just start using them after Thanksgiving. That way they get to use them all through the holiday season. Also, I'm not talking about simply ANY new pair of jammies. I'm talking about ones that have Santa or Reindeer, or something specifically "Christmas" on them.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

When my kids were young I would also get them new PJ's with a Christmas theme - often matching. I would save them for Christmas Eve so that they would look extra special in photos we took on Christmas morning.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Christmas Eve is my favorite part of the season. Growing up it was the center piece in a Spanish household.

Family gathering, a large feast, children's mass, driving and looking at lights, family time around the tree and one present before bed.There was always something special about the atmosphere that night.

This year we are starting our own Christmas Eve traditions at our home. My parents are coming up on Christmas Day. I want to add in reading to my daughter a Christmas book and some Christmas specials and movies. My wife is cooking a pork shoulder with all the sides (macaroni, sweet potatoes and whatever else she decides to make). One day I would love for both of our families to visit. I hope we can bring as much joy to our family's Christmas Eve as I felt growing up.
    Last edited by TresReyes; 11-11-2011 at 01:58 AM.

My boyfriend and I go to my parents house and have pizza (no meat) and we prep the Turkey, watch films and wrap presents. It's simple but it's nice.

CHRISTMAS EVE is church & food prep
    then we have a candle lit dinner
    we always have new PJs & the kids get 2 open a gift of their choice . of cause when they were younger i would wait until they were aasleep 2 put the sants gifts.
    i still try 2 stick with it its harder as they get older,
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Just all of the preparation for Christmas Day takes place then really.