Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a movie you/your family watch every year as a tradition??

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Every year, The Muppet Christmas Carol, is the film that we always watch, after having decorated the tree, first day of November.
    Lying on the sofa, enjoying a glass of red wine, with lights twinkling...
    I have never watched this movie
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

we watch them all, we have about 15 movies we always watch to be honest

But i think the most watched is defo Elf my daughters just love it!!
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

We watch all of them throughout the season.
    My brother & I always make it a point to watch
    A Christmas Story together on Christmas Eve
    though.

:gingerbread: A Christmas Carol, any version!

Personally, I would go with Scrooge(British, 1935). In the Philadelphia area they used to show John Wayne's The Three Godfathers(1948) on broadcast TV every year. It was a sorrowfull day when they ended that tradition. There was a puppet drama that included the story of the Nativity and Twas the Night before Christmas under the overall title of "The Spirit of Christmas" that was broadcast on TV(I think in Delaware)for over 40 years. Now you have to watch it on Youtube. In the New York area, Babes in Toyland(1934) and It's a Wonderful Life(1946) are seen on TV each year. The first Christmas show to be repeated anually was Amahl and the Night Visitors. Hasn't been on TV for a very long time but it's performed live in many cities throughout the U.S. still!

My wife isn't big on Christmas movies, but I love the following:

- Scrooged
    - Bad Santa
    - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    - A Charlie Brown Christmas
    - A Christmas Carol (the new one with Jim Carrey was great)
    - most versions of A Christmas Carol
    - Christmas Vacation

:santa: The Christmas Movie

My family always watches Chevy Chase's A Christmas Vacation. Its very old, but very funny and its become our tradition. We only watch it once a season though, so when we do its a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasGuides View Post
    My family always watches Chevy Chase's A Christmas Vacation. Its very old, but very funny and its become our tradition. We only watch it once a season though, so when we do its a great time!
    LOL - I think I've already seen Christmas Vacation 3 times this year! I do love watching Christmas movies. Do you ever watch any of the REAL old ones - like White Christmas or It's a Wonderful Life?
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Me and the little man will normally watch The Santa Clause, The Santa Clause 2, and The Santa Clause 3 over each night one weekend (fri-sat-sun night respectively) We started doing it two years ago when I bought the box set have have been going since then.

It's a fun little tradition.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Do you ever watch any of the REAL old ones - like White Christmas or It's a Wonderful Life?
    I actually watched White Christmas for the FIRST TIME last year on one of the Classic Stations .. Turner Classic Movies I think.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Me and my Brother used to watch Garfield Christmas EVERY YEAR multiple times, like every weekend in December - but now we're grown and have lived far away from eachother it happens less.

I watch a LOT of Christmas Movies every single year - Home Alone 1&2, Family Stone, Bridget Jones Diary (starts & ends at Xmas time, gimme a break!), Die Hard, Christmas with the Kranks, and lots mroe!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!