Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MY New Years Tradition

lynnevans Guest
    Here you have sharing really interesting information about new year tradition. I always celebrate new year festival with my family.On that day we cook different foods and enjoy to eat it.

Back when I was nine and my younger brothers were just 4 and a baby, Mom didn't think she and Dad had gotten fun enough stocking stuffers, so on Christmas Eve, when she and my Aunt got back from Midnight Mass, she had my Aunt write is a note, as Santa, saying he'd taken the stockings back to the North Pole with him and he would return them on New Year's Eve. From that time on, we always did our stockings on New Year's Eve.

We still do this!
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    Back when I was nine and my younger brothers were just 4 and a baby, Mom didn't think she and Dad had gotten fun enough stocking stuffers, so on Christmas Eve, when she and my Aunt got back from Midnight Mass, she had my Aunt write is a note, as Santa, saying he'd taken the stockings back to the North Pole with him and he would return them on New Year's Eve. From that time on, we always did our stockings on New Year's Eve.

We still do this!
    That is such a sweet tradition!

DH and I stay at home and relax to movies and popcorn. Then, after the new year arrives, I go take a hot bath. It's my way of washing away the old year and 'wringing' in the new. I've been doing that for at least 10 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    That is such a sweet tradition!

DH and I stay at home and relax to movies and popcorn. Then, after the new year arrives, I go take a hot bath. It's my way of washing away the old year and 'wringing' in the new. I've been doing that for at least 10 years!
    Thanks! Your tradition is great, too. I love being home and just relaxing and these days, we do that and also watch DVDs and snack a lot!

:gingerbread:

That's what i do stay home and watch movies and munch on things i've baked.

Quote Originally Posted by angelpugs View Post
    That's what i do stay home and watch movies and munch on things i've baked.
    Honestly, I can't think of a better way to ring in a New Year. Opening our stockings, watching DVDs and gorging on snacks. LOL

We do something different every year! But we always celebrate! Some years we'll go out with friends for a late dinner and celebration. Sometimes we'll have an early dinner out with family then go home and watch the ball drop. Some times we'll stay home and cook something really special like lobster. Whatever we do, we enjoy ourselves!
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 11-25-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Sp

New Year

for new year... we usually buy fireworks and light them up at exactly 12:00 midnight and also blow the horns of our cars as well.
    Christmas Costumes - http://www.shopcomparecostumes.com/categories/545/Christmas-Costumes.html

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    is simply celebrating my birthday hehehe
    Mine is also on new year's eve!

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

It does get expensive to hang out. I made the mistake of going to a club one year, won't be doing that again. Hanging out at a local venue is ok, though, or a friend's house.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com