Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Childhood Memories

one of the fondest christmas memories i could not forget was when i was still in my elementary years. i would then gather all our neighbors and then we go from house to house and sing carols and were being "paid" hehehehe and the money we have collected we will buy candies and then would treat ourselves..herhehe such very childish acts..hehehehe and then another thing my grandma and grandpa from the province and all my cousins will visit us on the 25th and then all of us (my siblings) would then sort out our cabinets and then give to them all the clothes we no longer can use, this is how our parents trains us on sharing.. i know we were little kids way back then but to now we still practice these things, coz though how small or useless some things are for you, u will be amaze how important and usefull these are to other people...

Quote Originally Posted by leahrosa View Post
    one of the fondest christmas memories i could not forget was when i was still in my elementary years. i would then gather all our neighbors and then we go from house to house and sing carols and were being "paid" hehehehe and the money we have collected we will buy candies and then would treat ourselves..herhehe such very childish acts..hehehehe and then another thing my grandma and grandpa from the province and all my cousins will visit us on the 25th and then all of us (my siblings) would then sort out our cabinets and then give to them all the clothes we no longer can use, this is how our parents trains us on sharing.. i know we were little kids way back then but to now we still practice these things, coz though how small or useless some things are for you, u will be amaze how important and usefull these are to other people...
    I like the idea of cleaning out old clothes and giving them to relatives or the needy...What a wonderful way to learn sharing and giving to others.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    I like the idea of cleaning out old clothes and giving them to relatives or the needy...What a wonderful way to learn sharing and giving to others.
    yes bob, it is indeed wonderful, fulfilling not only we get to clean our closts but we have made others smile and have our old things put back to use

That's awesome, leahrosa!

I remember that I was usually always the first one up .I'd go down to see if Santa had came yet and if so I'd run back up stair's to wake my brother.

We had one of the aluminum tree's and the color wheel.

I also remember decorating the entire house with paper chain's .

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    That's awesome, leahrosa!
    thank you Marshmallow world

Karanmi has it right: where to start??

I suppose the most vivid memory is that feeling on Christmas morning. The anticipation was excruciating, but in a a wonderfully-positive way. What other holiday can do that? Which one even comes close?

The anticipation of Christmas arriving was great, also. The weeks leading up to Christmas were wonderful. Those wonderful Christmas TV specials and cartoons. The highlight was when "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and "Rudolph" came on; that put me on warp ten as far as excitement for the season goes.

The Bob Hope Christmas specials were interesting to me. It was fun to watch an adult's take on Christmas. I still clearly remember Bing Crosby's last specials in the mid-seventies. He did such a wonderful job at combining the secular and religious aspects of Christmas.

Christmas Eve was amazing. The excitement and fun was off the emotional Richter Scale. We would have family over, and open presents from my mom's side of the family. Christmas Day was spent with my dad's side of the family. And while there were no children our age (there were many on mom's side), still it was special to be around them, and experience Christmas from a different angle, I guess you could say.

Even today, with a thumbprint cookie in hand, and the smell of a Christmas tree nearby, I still get that 'feeling' in the pit of my stomach, though for obviously different reasons.

The world seemed (seems) magical for one month.

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post

yes i completely agree adn for me, its not only for a month 3 months maybe, but real excitement really draws after Nov 30

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Karanmi has it right: where to start??

I suppose the most vivid memory is that feeling on Christmas morning. The anticipation was excruciating, but in a a wonderfully-positive way. What other holiday can do that? Which one even comes close?

The anticipation of Christmas arriving was great, also. The weeks leading up to Christmas were wonderful. Those wonderful Christmas TV specials and cartoons. The highlight was when "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and "Rudolph" came on; that put me on warp ten as far as excitement for the season goes.

The Bob Hope Christmas specials were interesting to me. It was fun to watch an adult's take on Christmas. I still clearly remember Bing Crosby's last specials in the mid-seventies. He did such a wonderful job at combining the secular and religious aspects of Christmas.

Christmas Eve was amazing. The excitement and fun was off the emotional Richter Scale. We would have family over, and open presents from my mom's side of the family. Christmas Day was spent with my dad's side of the family. And while there were no children our age (there were many on mom's side), still it was special to be around them, and experience Christmas from a different angle, I guess you could say.

Even today, with a thumbprint cookie in hand, and the smell of a Christmas tree nearby, I still get that 'feeling' in the pit of my stomach, though for obviously different reasons.

What wonderful memories to share! Thank you so much, and welcome to the forums!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    What wonderful memories to share! Thank you so much, and welcome to the forums!
    Thanks so much!

it's good to be around people who love Christmas, and understand it's so much more than a singular event.