Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Crooners

All that everyone has mentioned so far. Also, Nat King Cole, Elvis, Burl Ives and Brenda Lee.

I like Marshmallow World by Brenda Lee. I have a cd of Nat king Cole and friends
    got it at a thrift store for $1 and I love it!

And Brenda Lee singing "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree", is the best version of that song.

I have 30 different christmas cd's plus about a dozen i've made..I have every crooner album out there I LOVE it all. If anyone needs a song let me know I'll email it to you..my son is the one who burned them for me off of my limewire subscription
    Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Merry Christmas from my home to yours.
    Theresa, Ron & Nolan & Misty the cat

I have limewire too I love burning my own music. I have 11 christmas cds

some are boughten others I have made myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    I love listening to the classic Christmas songs by the old "crooners" from back when. Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peggy Lee, Perry Como...There are so many that I love to listen to. Do you have a particular artist or artists that you enjoy listening to?
    I'm a huge fan of the classic crooners, also.

Some faves:

Frank Sinatra
    -"Mistletoe and Holly"
    -"The Christmas Waltz"

Dean Martin
    -"Baby, It's Cold Outside"
    -"Marshmallow World"

Nat King Cole
    -"The Christmas Song" (of course)

"Roger Whitaker
    -"The Holly and the Ivy"
    -"Christmas is Here Again"

Andy Williams
    -"The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
    -"Happy Holiday / The Holiday Season"

Johnny Mathis
    -"It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas"

Tony Bennett
    -"Snowfall"

and many more...

One type of Christmas music I've been paying a lot of attention to, and listening to, are the older classical songs, and the carols of the Baroque Era and 16th and 17th Centuries. Many are relatively obscure, but they are really hidden gems. It's like being introduced to a brand of music you never knew existed. Depending on the mood, I'll either be listening to Gene Autry singing " Rudolph", or the Eugene Ormandy Orchestra's arrangement of "Jesus, Joy of Man's Desiring". It adds an entirely new dimension to the season.

And, I feel few songs capture the entirety of the season much better than the songs that make up "The Nutcracker".

Good stuff.
    Last edited by M.W.; 11-02-2008 at 11:31 PM.

By the way, all Christmas CDs are burnt to my computer hard drive. I just checked, and it says I have 50.4 hours of "Christmas music".

That should do...for now.

I do too.

Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin & Perry Como... I love the old singers

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

I don't have any saved in my pc but hopefully tomorrow I will find an mp3 player to put mine all on. I am praying they aren't all sold out yet by then!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    I love listening to the classic Christmas songs by the old "crooners" from back when. Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peggy Lee, Perry Como...There are so many that I love to listen to. Do you have a particular artist or artists that you enjoy listening to?
    Nat King Cole