Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for the ADMINs - POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    I know some sights do Christmas ornament and Christmas card exchanges. Is there anything like that here?
    There's sort of a Christmas Card Exchange going on here:
    http://allthingschristmas.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1808

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    There's sort of a Christmas Card Exchange going on here:
    http://allthingschristmas.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1808

Yeah, had seen it but wasn't sure whether it was legit as they say..

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Yeah, had seen it but wasn't sure whether it was legit as they say..
    You think that people would be more comfortable if someone a little more trustworthy were running it?
    Say... a MOD?
    I'm just saying that having a card exchange is a great idea - or even a Secret Santa, maybe, I don't know if it's too late to start something up at this stage, but maybe I'll post something this weekend to see if people are interested.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    You think that people would be more comfortable if someone a little more trustworthy were running it?
    Say... a MOD?
    I'm just saying that having a card exchange is a great idea - or even a Secret Santa, maybe, I don't know if it's too late to start something up at this stage, but maybe I'll post something this weekend to see if people are interested.
    Yes that sounds like a good idea..

Well i'll be in if it gets going..

I'm planning to send out my Christmas cards early next week (so behind, I know), so I could probably send another couple of cards out in the exchange.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

My old Christmas forum had an exchange with about 70 members participating. The cut off for participation was very early in November. So we are very late getting organized with this - particularly for sending international cards!

ezb1 Guest

A question about posting........

A question for the moderators --
    Since I am a first-time user to this forum, I prefer to not get 'permanently banned' for posting a link.
    However, I wish to ask permission.
    Again this Christmas, the manufacturers are advertising products and then not supplying stores with enough product to meet the demand. This causes a lot of frustration among shoppers because new shipments sell out very quickly.
    I have access to free on-line software that can help your members find hard-to-find and/or out-of-stock merchandise at Amazon.
    The software checks stock every 5 seconds and rings a bell on the searcher's computer when new stock arrives. This puts searchers who use this software about 90 seconds ahead of most other programs that check Amazon stock -- which gives them a better chance of getting what they want at retail prices.
    Yes, I earn a small commission when people buy through that link. As you may know, Amazon's commissions are in dimes and quarters -- so, yes, the commissions are really small.
    But this could help your people get what they want.
    May I post this link?

Its best to post a relevant link when you have written several relevant posts. Seven or more posts. Also please write some info about the link (like above) before you are posting.

Thanks

Allthingschristmas.com

how soon after reporting a spammer does it normally take to either get rid of the offending posts or ban the spammer? Just wondering because I just reported some of Kathleen422's posts. This spammer has many spam/advertising messages on the new posts page right now. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel angry when I see posts like this. Thanks so much , allthingschristmas, for all your hard work and for this wonderful site.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    how soon after reporting a spammer does it normally take to either get rid of the offending posts or ban the spammer? Just wondering because I just reported some of Kathleen422's posts. This spammer has many spam/advertising messages on the new posts page right now. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel angry when I see posts like this. Thanks so much , allthingschristmas, for all your hard work and for this wonderful site.
    Steph, thanks for reporting, This user's posts have been deleted and they've been banned.
    I'm sorry, I'm trying to stay on top of these, but sometimes it takes a little time, as we're not always online. Thanks for your help though, reporting posts like those really helps me out.
    (And yet, I get angry too!)