Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Too early?

Right after our town's Santa Claus parade is when I put up the outdoor stuff (we don't have a big front yard, but we light it up). Then the first Sunday of Advent is the day I put up the indoor stuff. The day before I hold a children's Christmas party where we make ornaments and get everybody in the Christmas mood. Sometimes I'll put up a bit of Christmas stuff, but usually it all comes out on the Sunday because I need the extra room in the house for all the party-goers.
    ~ McDLT ~

ELF EXCHANGE Guest

:gift: Never to early for giving!

Hi! Im new the the forum because I want to share my new site with everyone who loves Christmas! elfexchange.blogspot.com is a great way to give to someone less forutnate and have a little fun as well! Please check it out! Thank you and let's Pay it Forward!
    Last edited by AllThingsChristmas; 08-19-2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Links in post only allowed for trusted members

Ohh, I personally hink that's a tad early, but then agian, I live in England and it's "bad luck" to have the decorations up for too long! I'm not really superstitious but my mum is!

We put ours up on the second Saturday of December.

We have a tradition of putting everything up over the long weekend associated with Thanksgiving.

And we leave everything up a week past New Years. If it were up to my 5 year old, we'd have Christmas up all year!

Shellie
    Shellie

Fudge, it isn't only for the Christmas Season

When I was a kid we always put our fresh cut tree up a week before Christmas. Now I use artificial trees and start decorating after Thanksgiving dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    So i have a confession. My family put up our 12 ft christmas tree yesterday haha! But its ok because the neighbors could see it through the windows and have now gotten theirs! Its addictive

Do you post photos, Sean? I'm glad you're back and would love to see some photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    Do you post photos, Sean? I'm glad you're back and would love to see some photos!
    Merry, you're replying to a post Sean made in 2008. Just FYI
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I thought that because he was online when I posted that, that he'd respond.

I usually decorate my dad's and grandmother's houses for Christmas. My dad always gets me to put his up on Advent Sunday, which is usually in late November, whereas my grandmother has hers put up around a week before Christmas. (She grew up back in the days when most people didn't decorate until Christmas Eve.)

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    I usually decorate my dad's and grandmother's houses for Christmas. My dad always gets me to put his up on Advent Sunday, which is usually in late November, whereas my grandmother has hers put up around a week before Christmas. (She grew up back in the days when most people didn't decorate until Christmas Eve.)
    my mom was like that, too. she would put up the tree on Christmas Eve and take it down on or just after 'Twelfth Night.' That was when I was very young, but after a while, she'd put it up about a week before Christmas and it would be taken down Jan. 1st.