Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Too early?

Never too early!! Decorations are so beautiful!
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 11-26-2007 at 01:48 PM. Reason: link removal: advertising not allowed

I start decorating in early November. I will have most of my decorations up by Thanksgiving. I have mostly artificial trees so can leave them up for a longer time. I will usually if we decide to have one real tree wait till the first week end in December to purchase that one and put it up. I have been known to put up an artificial tree and move to another part of the house after pucasing the real tree.

If you enjoy your decoations as much as I do I say go for it way before Thanksgiving. Took me several years before I got my hubby enthused over early decoarations.

Christmas-Lover Guest
    Never to early to trim up for xmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas-Lover View Post
    Never to early to trim up for xmas!
    Hi Laura,

Welcome to the forums! Hope you contionue to enjoy your time here with us. :D I like the Tinker Bell avatar!

PumpkinJack81
    AllThingsChristmas staff
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:tree:

It isn't wrong if you like it. I found myself whistling Christmas tunes last week...in JULY!!!

We usually put them up thanksgiving night at my folks...mainly because the family is all together then. My folks knock it down a day-or-three after Christmas so they can "get back to normal". I always seem to not think I was able to enjoy the Christmas stuff long enough.

At work, people were on my case for playing Christmas tunes in October. Last year I waited until November 1 but I think I'm going back to whenever the spirit strikes me this year (NOT July!).

It's hard for me as I'm whistling Christmas tunes and thinking about holidays while harvesting persimmons and processing/freezing pulp. I'm usually hitting early ripeners by mid-Sept. While harvesting I start salivating for persimmon pudding. When thinking about that, even though we eat it nearly any time of year, we HAVE to have it for Thanksgiving and Christmas at the very least. As a kid it was association with the pudding that stayed with me until today.

Sorry to stray from topic but the start of Christmas celebration is whenever you want it to be. Enjoy it!
    persimmonpudding.com: dedicated to growing, education, and use of Diospyros virginiana L., the common, or American persimmon...and persimmon pudding is ALWAYS a holiday favorite!!!

I have christmas decorations up year round, on the inside at least. So I think its fine whenever you decorate.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cromagx View Post
    Is it wrong for me to decorate my house before Christmas? My family always has started around 1th november. Is that wrong?
    i allways like to get december under way first my brothers birthday is on the 10th so from being a kid we always put them up on that dad. but if it was up to me they would never go down

i usually estrain myself and put them up the first weekend of december, i work in a shopping centre though and they go up in november so i get to see all those ones daily :D

my son has taken to singing 'so here it is merry christmas' by slade already, he has got some funny looks as he shouts it while we are walkign to places lol

Quote Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
    i usually estrain myself and put them up the first weekend of december, i work in a shopping centre though and they go up in november so i get to see all those ones daily :D

my son has taken to singing 'so here it is merry christmas' by slade already, he has got some funny looks as he shouts it while we are walkign to places lol
    bet thats funny it is for kids thought and im just one big kid

Quote Originally Posted by love2decor8 View Post
    I have christmas decorations up year round, on the inside at least. So I think its fine whenever you decorate.
    oh how lucky wish my other half would let me do that