Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Too early?

I would love to decorate today, but alas-the bf wont have it. Ive found that it just comes down to when I have time to do it. Although, with outdoor decor-I may say that its ok to put up the lights now, but maybe wait until after Thanksgiving to turn them on.

Quote Originally Posted by cromagx View Post
    Is it wrong for me to decorate my house before Christmas? My family always has started around 1th november. Is that wrong?
    No one can tell you if it's "wrong" to start decorating now, so I say do what you are comfortable with. Personally, we never start until the day after Thanksgiving or maybe Thanksgiving Day, if I'm able to talk my wife into it.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

hi all, I am new here. I think Nov. 1 is fine. I am already putting mine up .

Quote Originally Posted by oct2667us View Post
    hi all, I am new here. I think Nov. 1 is fine. I am already putting mine up .
    Hello! : waving :And welcome to our holiday forums! : santa :

PS - Would your username reflect your b-day by any chance? If so, I'm an October 26th b-day too!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I agree a tree shouldnt be put up till just after thanks giving. But as for starting to decorate the house and lights out side i think november is a great time. Cuz not only do i like to put lights up i like to see everyone elses in the neighborhoods lights as well. So the sooner you put yours up the sooner every one else will to! : tree :

Ohhhh! I found another site with really cool ideas! notmartha.org

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
    Ohhhh! I found another site with really cool ideas! notmartha.org
    Pretty neat stuff on there... I think the name is really funny: NOT Martha. I really like Martha Stewart, but some of her "good ideas" are way too time consuming to recreate.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

So i have a confession. My family put up our 12 ft christmas tree yesterday haha! But its ok because the neighbors could see it through the windows and have now gotten theirs! Its addictive

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    So i have a confession. My family put up our 12 ft christmas tree yesterday haha! But its ok because the neighbors could see it through the windows and have now gotten theirs! Its addictive
    Glad to hear your family is getting others in the holiday spirit!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

to all who have their decorations up now i would love to start putting up the decorations now but my girlfriend has forbid it before dec 1st. life is so unfair.