Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Too early?

Quote Originally Posted by christmas-goth-fairy View Post
    to all who have their decorations up now i would love to start putting up the decorations now but my girlfriend has forbid it before dec 1st. life is so unfair.
    Yeah, my wife is the same way...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

hpntoph Guest

Yes!!

We can start putting up decorations! As a poor kid, I'm gonna need to whip out the construction paper and make paper chains! I'm thinking of a miniature tabletop tree since we don't have a lot of space... Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by hpntoph View Post
    We can start putting up decorations! As a poor kid, I'm gonna need to whip out the construction paper and make paper chains! I'm thinking of a miniature tabletop tree since we don't have a lot of space... Any suggestions?
    I don't know how "crafty" you want to be, but Disney's FamilyFun website has a lot of great Christmas crafts:

Christmas Crafts

Let us know if you make something really fun!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I think 1st November is quite fast in Poland people star decoration homes around 1-10th December

Quote Originally Posted by hpntoph View Post
    Maybe for a small space you should just try a color scheme. And if you're careful, it shouldnt be very expensive. You could use things you already have in a different way.

When I lived in my apartment I hung ornaments from mirrors, I put a small (3 foot) tree on an old end table and let the tree skirt hang over, it gave the tree more of a presence in the room. If you have empty space above your cabinets, I put Christmas lights up there and just used my own glassware to illuminate and give more of an effect. Plus it creates a nice mood. Wal-mart also has great holiday scented candles ($5) that make the whole apartment smell great and set a mood!

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
    Maybe for a small space you should just try a color scheme. And if you're careful, it shouldnt be very expensive. You could use things you already have in a different way.

When I lived in my apartment I hung ornaments from mirrors, I put a small (3 foot) tree on an old end table and let the tree skirt hang over, it gave the tree more of a presence in the room. If you have empty space above your cabinets, I put Christmas lights up there and just used my own glassware to illuminate and give more of an effect. Plus it creates a nice mood. Wal-mart also has great holiday scented candles ($5) that make the whole apartment smell great and set a mood!

Hope that helps!
    Great suggestions Annabelle! :D
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

It's never too early to put Christmas decorations up! Shame on you Jen for holding Bobby back!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    It's never too early to put Christmas decorations up! Shame on you Jen for holding Bobby back!
    LOL!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:snow:

Well, my Dad isn't that into Christmas, and neither is my mom, but I LOVE the holiday. We don't decorate until pretty close to Christmas, but I start listening to a station that plays Christmas music only the day after Thanksgiving.

I like it when people put up lights, because then the whole city looks pretty!

I think decorating early is fine!

(My two cents)

:tree: Welcome!

Hello Nari and welcome!
    Hope you enjoy your time and have many happy holidays here with us!
    PumpkinJack81
    AllThingsChristmas Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Nari View Post
    I like it when people put up lights, because then the whole city looks pretty!
    I agree, I love seeing Christmas lights on houses and shops!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com