Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Too early?

Too early?

Is it wrong for me to decorate my house before Christmas? My family always has started around 1th november. Is that wrong?

We;ve always started around or right at Thanksgiving.

Depending on the weather, we will out up the outside lights early November, so we can turn on the outdoor lights as soon as Thanksgiving is over.

Smile baubles in colours

inside I have now some fall/autumn colour baubles in bowls around house end of november I replace those with red/green gold/red red/silver baubles in bowls and on dec 1 that is when I put up xmas decorations and the tree I wait until around mid dec since my heating system will dry out that xmastree so for it to be fresh for xmas must wait patiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmasflora View Post
    inside I have now some fall/autumn colour baubles in bowls around house end of november I replace those with red/green gold/red red/silver baubles in bowls and on dec 1 that is when I put up xmas decorations and the tree I wait until around mid dec since my heating system will dry out that xmastree so for it to be fresh for xmas must wait patiently.
    I don't wait till after thanksgiving to put up my tree. I do it on Halloween and enjoy it for 2 months. I love having the spirit of Christmas in my house. I am already saving up money to buy gifts but next year I will start early with my shopping.I would think Nov 1 would be good for outside decorations

I'd say november is fine.

Normally I find its best to get all other festivities out of the way such as haloween, bonfire night and thnaksgiving.

Best Wishes
    Oliver

Smile

i live in the UK and we dont celebrate thanksgiving but we still wait until dec 1st to put decorations up cos i live with my parents and my mum wants to put them up early but my dad wants them up later so dec 1st is their comprimise, but to us the season has already started!! but we do have halloween and fireworks to think about bu christmas is sooo much better!!!

We start a few days after thanksgiving. Taking down those decorations, cleaning the house. Then say, november 30 or so we start decorating. And about the second week of december, we go out and get our tree.

My dad and I put out our outside decorations about the same time.
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Well, my plan as always is the first weekend in November. Thursday I will take down the halloween deco's, saturday, hubby and i will decorate the outside and sunday, the inside is done.(We have an artificial tree) The way i look at it, Time Flies! Why not enjoy the wonderful x-mas decorations as much as you can.

I L O V E christmas! It has been by far my favorite season since i knew what it was. The way christmas makes me feel cant be beat! So im a freak and im already startin to decorate at november first! Like said before enjoy it as much as you can time flies! waving
    Now im just waiting for a certain radio station to start playin the music haha singing

It's November 5th which almost means its Thanksgiving which means it's absolutely okay to start decorating. I put up lights today go for it. But definitely save the tree for early December.
    ***Happy Holidays!***