Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Candy canes

:tree: Candy canes

Does anyone else put candy canes on their trees? I usually put two boxes on mine but this year I will pick out a box of fruity ones for the kids to eat on CHristmas eve and a BOx for hubby!

I rarely eat them. We don't get the peppermint ones at all.

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    Does anyone else put candy canes on their trees? I usually put two boxes on mine but this year I will pick out a box of fruity ones for the kids to eat on CHristmas eve and a BOx for hubby!

When I put my Hungarian ornaments on a tree a couple of years ago, I used plastic candy canes and real chocolates.

One year, my tree was done in blue and I used blue candy canes. Most of the time I don't use any candy canes because no one eats them.

Oh yes, each year I get the peppermint green, red and white striped candy canes. They are the last thing I put on the tree

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Hubby decided he dont want any so we are only getting one box for the greats but not putting them on the tree I am putting them in a CHristmas mug he bought me at the thrift store.

If we have them we'll put them on, but we don't go out and buy any to put on the tree. With my wife and I both being teachers, we usually get plenty of candy canes from our students...So, we'll put those on whenever we get them. My favorite kind are spearmint!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Hubby decided he dont want any so we are only getting one box for the greats but not putting them on the tree I am putting them in a CHristmas mug he bought me at the thrift store.

At least the greats will still get to enjoy them.
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 10-27-2008 at 02:34 AM. Reason: no GGKs
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:santa:

yes they will. I dont have GGKs though my great refer to my nieces and nephews kids. I buy them sweets and toys all the time

yes they will. I dont have GGKs though my great refer to my nieces and nephews kids. I buy them sweets and toys all the time
    Ohhh, oops! My mistake!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

oh remembering candy canes i had my first candy cane sent from the USA hanged unto our christmas tree last year..my co-worker, who works in NC (as our company operates in 2 countries: PH ad USA). Her Name is Sandora and i call her Aunty Sandy, she was to kind to send me some candy canes from her tree..sadly she is no longer working for MD USA and i missed her more, since Christmas is fast approaching

When my kids were small and I always did my tree in traditional red colors, I always hung candy canes on the tree. But when the kids got older and the tree became all mine I no longer stick to one color, every year I do it in different colors so no candy canes (plus I just don't like them on my tree) And really no one eats them so I don't buy them.