Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tree Toppers!

Lightbulb Tree Toppers!

what do you use as a tree topper?

this year I have a fibreoptic gold and cream colored angel she is beautiful My star has lost its place on the tree this year
    .presents

We got a new acrylic angel a few years ago that has changing LED lights. It's very pretty with our other lights.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I usually use a star or an angel. This year I'll hopefully have my Heartwood Creek angel on the main tree.

When I was a kid, my mom always put one of those German glass ones on the tree:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I usually use a star or an angel. This year I'll hopefully have my Heartwood Creek angel on the main tree.

When I was a kid, my mom always put one of those German glass ones on the tree:

I didn't know those were German. Thanks for teaching me something new!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    I didn't know those were German. Thanks for teaching me something new!
    Don't take my word for it, but when I posted, I couldn't remember that they're called "finial" tree toppers. I assumed they were German because we lived in Germany in 1950 and after that my mother was in love with anything German.

Anyway, I imagine that the Chinese are manufacturing them now, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Don't take my word for it, but when I posted, I couldn't remember that they're called "finial" tree toppers. I assumed they were German because we lived in Germany in 1950 and after that my mother was in love with anything German.

Anyway, I imagine that the Chinese are manufacturing them now, too!
    Well I did a quick search and found multiple German finial tree toppers. I'm sure they are manufactured all over now.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

when I was a kid we had an angel tree topper. but she just fell apart so we went with a star now the star is no longer functional I am back to an angel

We put a bow at the top of ours.

When I was growing up my Mom always had a silver plastic angel with a light behind it, I still have it today.
    When I got married we bought a topper that looked like an ornament with a long tip at the top, it was red with angel hair inside but it didn't light up so I would stick some white tree lights in it. I still have it.

Then we bought a beautiful white angel that moved holding a small light in each hand (her wings moved)
    Well after a time her wings stopped moving and just made a grinding sound.

So then we bought a clear plastic star with lights in it. I liked the star and still have it but I missed not having an angel on top of the tree.

So now I have a beautiful angel that is cream colored with fibre optic lights that change colors in a nice way.

Sounds like my new angel I got this year. I got mine from a friend who found another one she liked better after christmas last year. She was going to throw her away but I took her she is beautifl and love the wings and flowers she holds.